Question National housing journalist seeking squatter perspective and insights into anti-squatting legislation

housingjournalist

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Robbie, a housing reporter for Stateline, a nonprofit news outlet covering state and city policy, I hope you are all doing well!

I want to be transparent and say that I am looking for perspectives and interviews from squatters for a national news story I'm working on regarding a recent wave of anti-squatting legislation in U.S. statehouses. A lot of my work is trying to put a face to systemic issues with housing (notably, housing insecurity and homelessness) and I would love to chat with someone willing to share you story about why you squat, what it means to be a part of this community, and thoughts on these anti-squatting legislation and the potential impact on your life.

I feel like your stories can to balance harmful rhetoric with the realities of a broken housing market. We would never publish specific, identifying information on where you are squatting (outside just the state). We also can withhold last names if there is fear of retribution or threat.

If you're interested in sharing your story with me, feel free to message me or email me at rsequeira@stateline.org. Thank you for your time!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads