Mylar blanket tent top? | Squat the Planet

Mylar blanket tent top?

TheTexasRoadrunner

Reaction score
Something just came to mind. On my tent I have the cover that goes on top as well as a gortex military tarp . I'm wondering if any has had a mylar heat blanket on top before? Im gonna use mine under the gortex tarp and see if it helps keep the heat in since we are getting close.to single digits here

Reactions: CilanceIsKrayziee

texastraveler

Reaction score
Something just came to mind. On my tent I have the cover that goes on top as well as a gortex military tarp . I'm wondering if any has had a mylar heat blanket on top before? Im gonna use mine under the gortex tarp and see if it helps keep the heat in since we are getting close.to single digits here

I'd keep it the closest layer to you, I have some reflectix I velcro to the inside of my truck camper when cold, and it keeps it 7-8 degrees warmer

Reactions: TheTexasRoadrunner

Eyegor

Reaction score
I actually like the OPs plan better. Mylar will trap moisture so having it as a middle layer may work better. It will knock out any breathability of the Gore-Tex.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads