Travelogue My first squat

new town

Reaction score
Greeting fellow squatters!
I am about 2/3 months in on my first squat since moving out of my trailer parked up 100 yards away

I'm in a derelict part of Manchester UK, a part of town that they have been claiming to demolish for the last 15 years so they can build a 15 minute prison city on top of LOL!

Anyway; To be honest the house is a tip! needs new roof on the porch with massive leek that has caused lighting ring main to trip all the time and the house was robbed of all worthy stuff by last squatters post-covid. and a lot of fly tipping going on hear. Guy with unit round back says it needs 40K+ spending on it

But i have mains electric, water and waste. And the neighbours on the industrial estate think my occupant hear is great! But the property belongs to the council so if they find me in hear they will have me evicted lawfully or unlawfully!

But moving forward and onto a better squat (if they do exist). Someone I met last year that was homeless said there was a youtube channel that I cant remember the name of it. But they took you into some grand size houses (and some in Cheshire) where had been abandoned long enough that food in the cupboards was 20+ years out of date and the residents just suddenly went missing! I would love to find out more on this one please if anyone can shed any light upon it as to where I could start my research on my next squat

Thanks

P.S I have somewhere on my hard drive, a web site that posts a map of all unregistered land in the UK

Attachments

• squatting forum.png
    squatting forum.png
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 14

searover

Reaction score
Nice. Do you think you'll have an easier time fighting an eviction from a council or at least expect something more polite than a random night raid?

How have you been interacting with other neighbors so far? How straightforward are you about the paperwork indicating you may or may not own it?

How's cost of living?

The holes in the map: England’s unregistered land - https://whoownsengland.org/2019/01/11/the-holes-in-the-map-englands-unregistered-land/ Is this the map you mentioned? Interesting resource, thanks.

Reactions: Colinleath

new town

Reaction score
Nice. Do you think you'll have an easier time fighting an eviction from a council or at least expect something more polite than a random night raid?
There is no telling what game the bastards will play round hear. but it is well boarded up hear so little chance of them finding out unless someone grasses

How have you been interacting with other neighbors so far? How straightforward are you about the paperwork indicating you may or may not own it?
the only neighbours know that i m hear are the ones with the units round the back seam to think its ok. paperwork?

How's cost of living?
there is mains electric and water running hear and no one has asked for payment yet

yes thats the one; good find!
so if i find some unregisted houses from the map then go and see how many of them look abandoned might be a good start to a new house. dont think google maps will give much away though

Reactions: searover

searover

Reaction score
There is no telling what game the bastards will play round hear. but it is well boarded up hear so little chance of them finding out unless someone grasses

the only neighbours know that i m hear are the ones with the units round the back seam to think its ok. paperwork?

there is mains electric and water running hear and no one has asked for payment yet

yes thats the one; good find!
so if i find some unregisted houses from the map then go and see how many of them look abandoned might be a good start to a new house. dont think google maps will give much away though

Nice! seems you have at least a reasonable amount sorted out. Keep us posted!

The article about the unregistered property is a fascinating read, apparently some regions of the UK are aiming for 100% registration by 2030. What are the odds it's a thing of the past soon?

Are there any posters here squatting on unregistered land?

new town

Reaction score
The article about the unregistered property is a fascinating read,
what article?
apparently some regions of the UK are aiming for 100% registration by 2030. What are the odds it's a thing of the past soon?
by 2030, is this something to do with agenda 2030/ the global agenda and there great reset or something? I mean what are they planning to do, make anyone who dies with property and with out a will to take the property off of them or something like that? And on that note if someone dies with property with out a will then what happens to that property in question at present? if it where registered on the land registers office then is it still there once they are dead?
Are there any posters here squatting on unregistered land?
I remember attending a common law meeting last year where the speaker/ organizer" Roland Rat" showed a short YT vid of someone claiming unregistered land. it was of cource on the above map that you posted a link to and it looked abandoned and according to next door the lady died with no childeren to pass on to (otherwords with out a will).

Anyway he cordened the land off and put a sign up saying private land keep out with a phone number on. aparentlly if it goes unclaimed for over 10 years then you can put a claim to it your self though the land register office

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads