Look! A Noob!

bum4evr

Reaction score
Well I guess its about time I got around to doing an introduction topic.

I have been "on the streets" since I was 15 when I walked away from a bad home situation and after being homeless in one town for a few years I decided to travel using the "hitchhike" method and I discovered new places and new people and had quite an adventure for a while.

I have only done train travel 3 times (boxcar, gondola, flat bed) and that was fun - but I had no idea where the trains would end up so I only did that when I just wanted to go "somewhere" - anywhere i guess.. just wanted to get away from where I was I suppose.

I am thinking of writing an e-book about life as a "traveler" and how to avoid certain perils.. There are some lessons I wish I had not learned the hard way about life on the road, and so I thought I might write an e-book to help noobs - because we were all noobs at one time.

So anyhow.. I met a girl living in a tent under a bridge 2 years ago, we hooked up and got our act together and got our alcoholism under control (sort of) and now we have an apartment. So.. I am technically not a traveler any more. But as we sit on the couch watching Wheel Of Fortune... sometimes my mind wanders and I think about all the states I have not visited, and the cool adventures I could have if I were not tied down.. but then, someone buys a vowel, and my thought bubble bursts and I am back in reality. (sigh)

Great board! glad I discovered it! :)

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
WHEEL!!!
OF!!!
FORTUNE!!!

Lol - tell me it isn't so!!! Welcome!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Dude you should totally write that book, it could really help the community. I'm hoping to write one later this year :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads