moin! | Squat the Planet

moin!

provikirchhof

Reaction score
hello, what's up, hi!
I'm provi, 30 years old, from the north of Germany, currently living in Austria. when I was 17 me and some friends spent a week traveling without any destination in mind. we toke random trains, looked at maps for kids, rang the doorbells of random people when we needed help or advise. It was awesome. when we came home after that very short week, all of us were inspired: "that's how life could work", we thought. when I finished school a year or so later I did wwoofing in sweden, so I worked on a farm there. unfortunately, my host was a racist. bad luck. I went on to do some couchsurfing across sweden and Norway. when I came back to where I'm from, I packed another bag and left for Berlin, where I stayed for a few years. now, more time has passed, and I live in Austria. I used to travel random places to go meet friends there and skateboard together. we would often sleep out at some lakes and make campfires, take baths in dirty lakes in cities, paint graffiti on trains, fall in and out of stealing. it's been a bumpy ride. this year was the first time for me to hop a freight, me and a friend did it in Switzerland. the first evening we did not have any luck, so my friend went back into the city, but I just slept out there next to the yard. my cell isn't working in Switzerland, so we made a date on where and when to meet the next day. when I woke up, I went to the station, hid my stuff in the bushes, and looked for a place to swim. my friend came and we went swimming again. after a few hours of the waiting game, there was an okay option for us to take. we rode for about 20 minutes. the train stopped at a little station and somebody saw us. we figured, it's best to just leave then and there. we asked around and landed at a nice lake next to a cement factory. we had a bottle of wine and slept. the next morning we had a swim and walked to a station near by. it was the station next to the factory, where there were freights, but no movements at all, no work on the weekend. we went back to the station where we got off the night before. after a few hours we were lucky to hop a freight that was going back into the city. when we got off, a worker screamed at us. luckily, my friend new the yard pretty well. in the city, there was a party in a squat, where we were welcomed very warm: we were champions. that was fun. now I just moved from a city into the countryside. I have a garden and there is a little diy skatepark here. there is a small city nearby that has a rich history industry wise, with an harbour and so forth, but I also am on the verge of buying this ticket which is called the "climate ticket", where you can take literally every train in Austria for 13 months. I just wanna go somewhere and lay down and look at the sky. so yeah, hi! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ali and bootz

bootz

Reaction score
Servus!
Very cool that you managed to hop a train in europe, and Switzerland no less. I bet that freight was clean as fuck lol

Ive bummed about central Europe quite a bit (also grew up in northern germany was geht), mainly hitchhiking. Hopping freight never seemed like an attainable goal, so i didnt try.

Hut ab and good luck making a rad life for yourself in the countryside. Your not in Vorarlberg by any chance are you?

provikirchhof

Reaction score
Servas! wow, where in northern Germany if I may ask?
na, unfortunately not in Vorarlberg, but looking forward to go there in spring! you out there?
I'm located in Oberösterreich now :)

bootz

Reaction score
I grew up in a wee village in the Braunschweig area. How bout you?
Nah I'm back in the US at the moment but I got some family there so I go to hang out as often as I can its fuckin beautiful out there. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads