Making space for covid tests and masks

ali

Reaction score
Dude, give it up. Science isn't about cherry picking studies to try own people on the internet. It's a methodical and ongoing process of observation, measurement and investigation. Each study provides new data. We learn. We adjust our theories. There is no contradiction when one study makes one observation and many others (in the case of masks and COVID) make a different one. You're supposed to look at all the evidence together. Or, you know, just trust the consensus of actual professionals, instead of arrogantly drawing your own conclusions to support your pre-existing bias on topics where you have no context or training.

People have been wearing face coverings for centuries to protect themselves and others from infection. Don't you think if they were completely useless folks would've stopped doing it by now? Especially in countries like the US where healthcare is privatized. Private hospitals cut costs anywhere they can. So why do healthcare professionals in the country continue to wear PPE? It's not a conspiracy. It's just common sense. Seriously. Just let it go.

Reactions: JackSquat

JackSquat

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Dude, give it up. Science isn't about cherry picking studies to try own people on the internet. It's a methodical and ongoing process of observation, measurement and investigation. Each study provides new data. We learn. We adjust our theories. There is no contradiction when one study makes one observation and many others (in the case of masks and COVID) make a different one. You're supposed to look at all the evidence together. Or, you know, just trust the consensus of actual professionals, instead of arrogantly drawing your own conclusions to support your pre-existing bias on topics where you have no context or training.

People have been wearing face coverings for centuries to protect themselves and others from infection. Don't you think if they were completely useless folks would've stopped doing it by now? Especially in countries like the US where healthcare is privatized. Private hospitals cut costs anywhere they can. So why do healthcare professionals in the country continue to wear PPE? It's not a conspiracy. It's just common sense. Seriously. Just let it go.

Alright, I'll just let people insult me. I'm used to it. But, remember on some other issue where your opinion isn't the same as the majority of people you might see what it's like. Call people conspiracy theorists all you want. But, it doesn't change the fact about how much the pharmaceutical industry influences doctors, scientists, and "science." I have actually restrained myself. Lol. I could post many quotes and info, to back up what I've said. But, I didn't want to go on about it on here. Go ahead, and have the last word about it. I won't reply anymore. People, have been doing many things for centuries like you said. That doesn't make it right or logical. Look at the condition of the world right now, you think most countries are doing a good job at running things? Are they really trying to do what's best for people? People from all sides are starting to question things more. They know something is definitely very wrong. I appreciate your point of view and I'll think about what you've said. I'm always trying to learn more and make better sense of things and change my thoughts on an issue when it's appropriate. Have a good weekend!

sevedemanos

Reaction score
cvs, walgreens, walmart, rite aid.. they have had flu shots and masks available for as long as i can remember. hand sanitizer.. antidepressants.. things of that nature.

maybe im a terrible person but gotta admit ive only ever gone in for a case of beer.

i dont keep up with the news.. most of the papers ask a monthly subscription charge besides.. but carrying cabinets and furniture up 12 flights of stairs with a mask on all day, trying to stay six feet apart from other workers coming down when head hauncho OSHA was around.. was a hard year. one for the books! it may not be provable with any state-published periodicals nor sourceable to pubmed but its all i really know for sure. damn near died of asphyxiation half a dozen times man.

but yeah, try walgreens. pretty sure they offer flu shots still.

spider

Reaction score
for free masks and rapid tests, also worth checking twitter search "mask bloc [location]", "test bloc [location]". ex. @maskblocpdx for portland oregon

portland oregon has a mask bloc and test bloc with free high quality masks and free rapid tests that can deliver in portland. i think there's a group popping up in new orleans, there's one somewhere in the bay i think, new york, i think uc davis in california has one, heard about one in canada too not sure where.

for info on kinds of masks, and to calculate risk https://www.microcovid.org/blog/masks (know that this website still needs to be updated for new variants and wastewater tracking, so plug in your scenario and then assume the risk is actually higher than it says)

for storage i'm not sure

for monkeypox, get vaxxed, wear a mask, wash hands often, use condoms and dental dams, disinfect high-touch surfaces like your phone often (carry a small spray thing of alcohol or using whatever wipes you can find)

if you do have insurance, a mailing address, and internet access, search labcorp ondemand covid tests, you can order one free pcr test at a time (including covid/flu/rsv test) and drop it off at a fedex dropbox or schedule fedex pickup. more for when you have symptoms, exposure, risky activity, going to visit grampa, etc.

also with insurance and mailing address, walgreens covid test delivery, up to 8 free tests monthly

for free ones honestly the government has dropped the ball for the most part so you're prob going to want to try to find mutual aid groups, luckily more and more are popping up

covidmeetups.com could also be a good place to ask this or one of their many discord groups

• Useful
Reactions: ali

Otter

Stateless Wanderer
Reaction score
Masks seem pretty easy to get. Transit in most cities that I've been to, usually offers maskes. A bunch of stores offer them too. Hand sanitizer is also freely available in a lot of stores. I don't know about testing kits.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads