Maddy/Madeline Floor

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
I met Maddy doing forest defense and squatting in Humboldt County, California back in 2019.

A couple weeks ago I found out from one of our old Road Dawgs she had been dead for two years.

We also hung out in Tucson in 2020 after she was blocked from participating in the Earth First! winter organizers' gathering because she had dread locks. She stayed with us at the then Food Not Bombs House for a couple of days. I got to hear her play guitar and sing on 4th Ave., and these recordings don't really do her justice, but at least it's something:

tiggyzars

Reaction score
she sounds so passionate playing and singing.
rip maddy, what a beautiful sounding soul<3

edit:
track 5- memories in a dead space
track 6 - earth is where we live
track 7 - undercover lover

those three were my fave out of them all

Last edited:

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
she sounds so passionate playing and singing.
rip maddy, what a beautiful sounding soul<3

edit:
track 5- memories in a dead space
track 6 - earth is where we live
track 7 - undercover lover

those three were my fave out of them all

Thanks for your words. I feel like it's a cliché to write the recordings don't do her music justice, but even before she passed I thought her music live had been jaw droopingly good and it's so frustrating to have nothing else to remember her by.

Reactions: tiggyzars

tiggyzars

Reaction score
Thanks for your words. I feel like it's a cliché to write the recordings don't do her music justice, but even before she passed I thought her music live had been jaw droopingly good and it's so frustrating to have nothing else to remember her by.

u have something i, nor the people that ever saw her live or knew her in person, will never have.. and thats the memories coupled along with permanent audio for u to go back to whenever! so never let go of either of those, hun.

once i have a little money to spare on music, id like buy those 3 tracks from her bandcamp to put onto my phone.

Reactions: transcendentalhobo

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads