Looking for other travelers to interview

KeeganandSkinny

Reaction score
So long story kinda short, I traveled for a few years, hitch hiking and went through a few beaters. Like four months ago or so I was interviewed for this Otherworld podcast (Chicken Whackers ep. 1&2) about this fucked up situation I went through with my buddy Grant in Grand Junction CO. There was a weird paranormal element to what happened which is what that podcast is about. But the first episode he just interviewed me about my experiences traveling and people wanted to hear more, so I started a Substack. I've been writing most of my life and finally was ready to start sharing my story.

My friend Grant is dead now, he died from an overdose. I went downhill pretty quick after that because we spent the best part of three years together day in and day out traveling around the country (and Mexico super briefly). Eventually I had a mental breakdown (another one) after which I left the road. He was my best friend. A large part of my writing is keeping him alive because he was an amazing unique person who I truly loved. Very kind and compassionate person (pictured on the left in my profile pic).

A lot of the writing is also about my own struggle with addiction (heroin/fentanyl/crack/booze). It sucks because the people whose stories I really want to tell are friends who are all dead. Like my story is one thing but I'd like to share people's stories who didn't really have a choice, like runaways or people who were homeless and then met dirty kids and started traveling. I really believe true stories are a very powerful social tool that helps people understand each other and foster compassion for our fellow humans. There is so much fucking resilience and amazing people within the traveling community and I want to show that.

Also though if you just have a crazy story I'd be down to hear about that too. Also very interested in showcasing the way homeless people get treated and the general criminalization of homelessness.

Right now I have a Substack: roaddogs.substack.com

It's relatively new (176 subscribers) and so far just text based but I recently bought what I need to be able to do interviews. I plan to add a podcast element to it with this. I'm also working on investigating the Chicken Whackers who are this supposed cult that were responsible for what happened to Grant and I in CO and might be responsible for missing people/human trafficking. My Substack subscription is free and I'm not making any money off of this.

If you'd be willing to do an interview technically all you would need is the capability to video chat (or call). I would prefer to do in person if you're relatively close (I'm in central Illinois) I work 40 hours in three days right now so I have four days off where I can possibly travel. It's all out of pocket so not trying to go too crazy but if you're in Chicago or St Louis or some shit I'd be down.

Feel free to message me on here!

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: ali

ElNayshon

Reaction score
I'm in central Illinois right now housed up. I broke my arm 8 weeks back had to heal up I'm about to head west but I'm down to link up before I head out let me know I'm in Taylorville.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads