Hullo

Bean

Reaction score
Hi, I couldn't think of any name but my own, but I like baked beans and am almost always wearing a beanie, so Bean felt appropriate. Jake works too. Whatever floats your boat.
Iowa bred, been here all my life.
I did a bit of traveling with some good friends over the summer (Iowa to Wisconsin and back, then Iowa to Cali and back all by a clown car basically), and realized I want to do more of it. I'm in college right now, graduating in several months. Working constantly. Life is short, friends die, everyone dies, and with that in mind, I've come to find I haven't taken much time to live for myself. I've been getting some tips/advice from someone who used to ride rails and he recommended checking this site while I'm at it.
I just want to ride the rails for a month or so next summer because I love trains and I love traveling, so why not have both? I'm probably going to be alone which sucks, but when I'm not in a shady place, being alone is fine with me. Don't know where I want to go. Wherever the train takes me is fine, however I'd probably want to be back after a month or so. It really all depends on what ends up happening. My future's never felt so hard to predict before.
I'm the shy peaceful type who'll sit under a bridge, cook some beans and grilled cheese, jam to some 60s-90s music, maybe read or draw, and kick back and relax.
I think that should do it for an introduction. Anyways, hullo everyone. Nice to be here. I'll be lurking. I guess if you want to get to know me more just pm me.
Peace

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Well hello! A quiet evening making some beans and a grilled cheese under a bridge. :) Sounds quite nice! Lurk away, but hey your input is most welcome - there is a lot of info here - and new stuff comes in all the time. And having time to plan your get away ... is golden.

hehe love the clown car. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads