Lookin to live n’ learn a little

Deismona

Reaction score
hey there! I’ve just joined a bit ago and I figured I should introduce myself. I’m a printmaker working on making zines, small run bandannas and patches and various art prints out of the back of my car. I took my little hatchback from Louisville KY to Portland OR and back solo, about 5000 miles over all, sleeping in the little apartment I made in the back of my car. I loved the whole experience of it and being able to see the country. Looking forward to making friends in new places so I can make art all over as an extension of my travel and learning how to live a life I’m proud of.
I’ve downloaded so many of the zines y’all have here in the library and I’m learning a lot. Happy to be able to read about the experiences of others as well
see ya around

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
Reaction score
welcome to the club of misfit traveling vagabonds tramps and hobos alike!

would love to see some of the small run bandana/patches you have , I'm up in cincy so could make a trip down to Lville to grab some cool things.

Anyways safe travels!

Deismona

Reaction score

would love to see some of the small run bandana/patches you have , I'm up in cincy so could make a trip down to Lville to grab some cool things.

Anyways safe travels!

After X-mas I will be working on getting some new stuff printed up, I’d be happy to share on here and see what y’all think! Thanks for the welcome :)

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Don't forget the homebums! :D

Welcome to the online party that is STP Deismona ! Sounds like a good idea with the printing outa the hatchback.. interesting way to make money. Probably a hustle finding customers. I'd try find businesses that need flyers printed or party, music, events...hope things go well.

Reactions: Deismona

Deismona

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea with the printing outa the hatchback.. interesting way to make money. Probably a hustle finding customers. I'd try find businesses that need flyers printed or party, music, events...hope things go well.

Yeah I’m still figuring out the best way to get people to see my work. I am going to try small festivals (music, pagan, etc) cause a lot of them will let me vend for free and barter my way in, but as for doing more traveling I’m open to ideas.
Printing things for specific events is a thing I have been doing as well. I made a zine that I printed and handed out at the Women’s March on Washington earlier this year and I’ll be doing more things like that in the future... but figuring out a good way to set up a table + blanket out of the back of my car and finding a good, high traffic area that will allow me to peddle my wares... that’s more what I’m thinking.
For now I’ve been mostly selling my stuff on Instagram and the inter web in general.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Very awesome intro and welcome to STP and soo glad you are enjoying the info we have built up here. There is a lot of good traveling folk here plus the stories are amazing. :)

Reactions: Deismona

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
welcome welcome welcome!!!!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads