Lets talk about world drums

domo

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I play a hang drum.
I'm new to it but i practice practice practice. And its fun cuz even if you think its sound like shit, you'd be amazed at the amount of money made out of busking. Especially making up songs, its a treat.
Here's what mine looks like.

Lets hear about your stuff :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389404261946.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389404261946.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 370
Reactions: Tude

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Lovely!!! Cool stuff and keep at it -- Have to admit I had to go look up the exact music that comes from a hang drum and it's beautiful. Be sure to post some of your creations here!

domo

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thank you. I have been experimenting with different rhythm and beats cuz its so unique. Everything you strike it. The positioning and the force applied to the tongue. Can manipulate the noise vibration in to a fancy tune. :)

FreeJosh4Life

Reaction score
I love the hang drum. I've never actually played one, but i would love to learn. I was wondering how you managed to obtain one actually. Its an incredible instrument, and sounds great in the hands of pretty much anyone. I like how yours has the colors on it. I've always seen them on videos as a solid color, or just two toned. One color on top and one on bottom.

I realize it's a totally different instrument, but have you ever checked out a Hydrophone?

benjysirois

Professional knob twiddler and sound anarchist
Reaction score
Get some contact pickups, a looper, some basic effects and you're on a pretty neat start to creating some intense music. :)

Redfoxes

Reaction score
Hang drums/tongue drums are pretty dope. My bf just picked up this beauty a month ago and it is amazing. It's a lot of fun, even if you don't know what you're doing it still sounds good

*edit: Ah shit, I now realize this thread is old

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads