Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
what exactly is the question here?

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just keeping your heavy stuff high and close to your back between your shoulder blades is a good rule of thumb. With all bags I tend to put the sleeping bag on the bottom inside a large trash bag. My clothes in on top of the sleeping bag. Then I close the trash bag by twisting it and tucking the neck down into the bag. The trash bag keeps things waterproofed inside of the backpack. My shelter components go on top of that. So tent or hammock and tarp. Then my bag of food goes on top of all that pressed into my back that tends to be were the weight all goes for me. Then my stove and cooking stuff gets stuffed between the food bag and the wall of the pack to keep the food bag pinned as close to my back as possible. Ive seen this called the Cloud packing strategy before, Its mostly used with internal frame packs and I have heard of some people deliberately packing frame packs differently though Ive never tried alternate packing strategies with frame packs and this one seams to work fine.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads