Konichiwa!

Shamanaste

Reaction score
Comrades, Babylonians, country(wo)men... Namaste.

So I've never squatted for a place to stay, but I'm sure I will soon enough [as I'm surely not going to be paying for a place to stay, and I don't believe I'll be staying in the woods or under bushes everynight] when I'm going to leave my current location [next fall] and travel until I've seen what I need to see. Then hopefully one day, find some land to reclaim... that is turn it into a "forest farm"/edible landscape and build homes of earth for whoever wishes to come [you may say that sounds quite idealistic, but I know it can be manifested as I see it]
I have however slept on my fair share of rooftops, sheds, under & on porches.. but for the majority of my life I've had family to stay with until last year when I moved into a vacant trailer my grandfather had.
A close friend & ally, love and myself have been reclaiming the yard which already had an awesomely established pear tree, two fig bushes, and 3 grape vines before we moved in. We have been growing organic vegetables, herbs & medicines as well as planting many new fruit trees in the yard.
At the moment all that we consume from the store [besides what is shared with us by friends & family] is olive oil & rice [which have been payed for by a family member's leftover EBT credit], also we occasionaly dumpster vegetables, fruits, breads/bagels & granola bars.. what I'm getting at is that for the most part we are growing/foraging our own foods straight from Gaia herself.
I'm learning and applying as much practical skills as I feel necessary/appropriate as we wean ourselves off of the bleeding synthetic nipple that we call capitalism.

I cannot recall how I came across this site, as it were months ago, but I don't have much else to say at the moment, just figured I should say greetings. Hope to meet ya'
much love

Reactions: justo

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
sweet. i love pear trees. welcome to the site!

justo

Reaction score
Comrades, Babylonians, country(wo)men... Namaste.

So I've never squatted for a place to stay, but I'm sure I will soon enough [as I'm surely not going to be paying for a place to stay, and I don't believe I'll be staying in the woods or under bushes everynight] when I'm going to leave my current location [next fall] and travel until I've seen what I need to see. Then hopefully one day, find some land to reclaim... that is turn it into a "forest farm"/edible landscape and build homes of earth for whoever wishes to come [you may say that sounds quite idealistic, but I know it can be manifested as I see it]
I have however slept on my fair share of rooftops, sheds, under & on porches.. but for the majority of my life I've had family to stay with until last year when I moved into a vacant trailer my grandfather had.
A close friend & ally, love and myself have been reclaiming the yard which already had an awesomely established pear tree, two fig bushes, and 3 grape vines before we moved in. We have been growing organic vegetables, herbs & medicines as well as planting many new fruit trees in the yard.
At the moment all that we consume from the store [besides what is shared with us by friends & family] is olive oil & rice [which have been payed for by a family member's leftover EBT credit], also we occasionaly dumpster vegetables, fruits, breads/bagels & granola bars.. what I'm getting at is that for the most part we are growing/foraging our own foods straight from Gaia herself.
I'm learning and applying as much practical skills as I feel necessary/appropriate as we wean ourselves off of the bleeding synthetic nipple that we call capitalism.

I cannot recall how I came across this site, as it were months ago, but I don't have much else to say at the moment, just figured I should say greetings. Hope to meet ya'
much love

We're basically doing the same thing right now. We are trying to grow all of our own food and medicine. I'm glad to see we're not alone!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads