Just looking for connections or someone to meet up with

mrmellowgold

Reaction score
Haven't had much success on my other posts.
Essentially, I have ample gear, I'm all set, and I'm now I'm just waiting for someone or some information. I'm in Atlanta, GA currently. If anyone is passing through here or near hear and wants to help someone like myself get on out or simply a travel buddy, please get in touch!
I have no real plan, I just need to explore!
So please, give me some insight.
Need this to happen relatively quick. I put in my two weeks at work and all that other jazz.
If it makes it easier, text me. Seriously need this asap.
205-568-7860
Eli is the name.

DingoTheGringo

Reaction score
Do you have any idea where you'd like to end up or just goin with the breeze?
I'll be leaving milwaukee wisconsin for the west coast within 10 days. I have wheels, you could help jug gas. Going through denver, gonna get some herb and spend a week or 2 up in the mountains watching spring come in. From the Rockies it's out to oregon/Washington, selling the car, then up into alaska by May/June. If you can get further north I'd be cool with having a travel partner, for part or the whole trip.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
what kind of travel are you interested in doing? gas jugging? hitch hiking? where do you want to get to? What do you want to see?
Hitting the road is good and all but it'll be hard to find a partner if you don't share more of your overall plan.

mrmellowgold

Reaction score
Essentially just going with the breeze. I actually really like the sound of your plan. And considering that my father is planning to drive solo to Alaska and settle down, it sounds oddly coincidental, perhaps appropriate.
Any who, I'd love to tag along. I just need to find a way out, up and around.
Perhaps if you and I discussed it further in detail something could make come of it. I'm 100% down right and ready for anything.

mrmellowgold

Reaction score
Basically, I'm just looking to experience a lifestyle different and much more fulfilled than what I have always been told to fallow. The repeative and unfulfilling sequence that I have carried and told that's the way, and that I'm doing great and that I'm successful.... Its depressing. Family and friends literally tell me how impressed they are by what I've managed to do, but I don't get it at all.
Wake up, go to work, come home, sleep and repeat. Is that really success in a majority of people's eyes?! If so, it's pretty sad.
I'm not living for anything.
I feel like I'm already settling down and accepting that this current routine is how I am supposed to and expected to live my life.
I say fuck no to that.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Well that's a darn good answer. Give the world hell kid! If you make it out west hit me up. Hopefully you find that new experience you're looking for.

J

Johnny P

Get to an Interstate or US highway as far outside of town as you can and start hitchhiking...that's the simplest, most effective way to start...

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
Too bad you're in a hurry, I'm leaving in July from the area. I imagine you'll be gone by then, but if not, for whatever reason, I'll be posting more in the next few months. Safe travels.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads