JoanisaBelle and Solilumaridad

Reaction score
JoanisaBelle is my given name, Solilumaridad is a coyote-husky doog (she is her own dog, though people call her "mine"). I'm 24, Soli is 2. We're in Maine, it's getting chilly (for us, we're originally florida ladies who ventured up to maine a few months ago). Close friends we made have already departed for the winter, and we're hoping to escape west to colorado. We're restless, feisty and tenacious, though neither of us has hitched before. Granted, I have a car. However, I cannot afford the gas alone, so we are considering leaving it behind and hitching. Comments? Suggestions?

dprogram

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with ByronMc. You are female with a dog...you will have no problem whatsoever gas canning it to anywhere you want. Your car can protect you when you sleep and help insulate as well and since you are female even with your dog you should think about your safety before you go hitching to anywhere without a male companion. Not saying it can't be done but it's better to be safe than a statistic.

The average winter temp in Maine is roughly the same as that in CO (about 30 degrees F) When you think of cold think of altitude as well...higher altitude equals colder temps so you may want to travel south. Also think about the winds blowing down from Canada and straight into CO. I've never been there so I can't personally say but I lived in KC and the winds coming through from the plains were just deadly...minus 15 is too damn cold for a smoke break...could ya handle walking miles upon miles in that?

Not trying to be negative just wanted to throw that out there. Be safe. Keep your car...at least you'll have a better chance of not freezing to death in your sleep.

Reactions: asshole211
Reaction score
huzzah. Honesty appreciated. southerly it is, with a car (i'll also be able to tote more instruments this way), juggling with a Radiant Heart to the Manyverses that Be, hoping that Others recognize themselves in me. here and now deciduous trees have already burst into fiery hues as cold begins to seep beneath the doorframe. a friend said frost preserves the color of burning,leaking from those same l e a v e s. like Ephemeral waves of Synergy and Synchronicity my Life unfolds, uncurls; petals grown and shed and grown, Instinct towards light, Dancing twisted and Entwined, Happiness in stride.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads