I've been thinking...

• Thread starter rideitlikeyoustoleit
  • Start date
R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

About making a map of Sac with a key on the side showing various things travelers would be interested in, such as dumpsters, houses, catch out spots, etc. Then I would scan it to the computer and share with people that are interested.

It sucks to go to a town and not know a thing about it, end up passing through, and then later find out there was cool shit there.

Does any one else have experience with making things like this?

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
hmmm... "collaborative project idea brewing..."

fuck mapquest
it's Punkquest !

'The Hobo Atlas of North America', maybe?

Bendixontherails

Reaction score

Labea

Reaction score
we definatly need something like this for huge towns, where its hard to find things, such as Las Vegas. If you know nothing about catching out in las vegas, and you know no one there, and your an amateur, well, it sucks. Helpful maps like this would be fucking amazing, like 'here is a safe place to sleep' and stuff like that.

we should use hobo symbols though, so someone finding it at random if lost would know nothing... or just for fun haha

R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

rememberusername said:
I think every city has a area where travelers hangout, use services, and the sort. That would be the best thing to list. But sometimes, people like me, are kinda shy,coy, dont like to have to approach a group of kids to find out where to eat,sleep, hangout. Is it something i need to get over, or work around ?

But forsure,typicaly there is a hangout spot where you can find tamps. Im sure we all figured that already. Toronto - Queen and Bathhurst,Alexandra Park, Kensington Sqaure, would probobly be the best place to highlight for the city in my opinion. They are all relatively a short walk away from ea. other.

Rememberusername, I'm shy too, it sucks! I can never really bring myself to approach kids in a town if I don't have friends already living their. Sometimes I get lucky and people approach me, but other then that sometimes I think about all I'm probably missing out on being shy.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Bendixontherails said:
reminds me... do we still have that google earth file share we had? It would be a good start base for this.

I think I found it...

TBone said:
Download Google Earth here...

http://earth.google.com/earth4.html

Download the project file here....
index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=101&Itemid=136

Open that file once it's downloaded and it will open google earth for you and you will see all the info that has been entered into this.

hope that link still works.

sorry bendix, it's not working at the moment... but i still have the files, and they will be back up with the new site in january.

being shy sux. but thats when you suck it up. its just no way to get by in life if i need to find out somethin im damn well gonna find out. kidz are family and in every family you got disfunctionals. im pretty damn shy myself but it makes things alot more difficult when i just don't swallow it down

R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

Well, I am currently working on the map. I just figure it will be a good thing for people that want it. Unfortunatly there is not much here in this town, but the few things that are around are hard to find, so the map should help.

Labea

Reaction score
rideitlikeyoustoleit said:
Well, I am currently working on the map. I just figure it will be a good thing for people that want it. Unfortunatly there is not much here in this town, but the few things that are around are hard to find, so the map should help.

sounds good. I'd like to do one for anchorage, but ill have to find out MORE about this place this summer. I could also do on on denver, but i dont live there anymore, so im not sure hoe accurate it would be...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads