Photos Introduction

PurplePanda420

Reaction score
Hi,
For the past five months, I've been unable to travel or explore, which is something I used to do frequently, particularly through backpacking. This summer was especially quiet due to an issue I faced in April, which has since been resolved. Fortunately, I'm now able to plan some adventures for next month before winter sets in.

One of my most memorable experiences was when I purchased the Amtrak Rail Pass a few summers ago. I had 10 segments to travel over 30 days, and it was a thrilling journey across the country. What made it even more exciting was not staying in a single motel—I embraced the unpredictability of where I'd end up each night, which added a unique sense of adventure to the trip.

Chicago - (Cali Zephyr)San Francisco - (Coast Starlight)LA - (Texas Eagle)Chicago - (Cardinal)DC - (Capital Limited)Chicago - (Chief)Flagstaff - (Chief)Chicago - NOLA - (Cresent) DC - (Silver Star) Miami.

By the end of those 30 days, I was mentally exhausted from the journey. However, when I look back, I cherish those memories deeply and often wish I had been able to share the experience with others. As I prepare for next month, I’m eager to create new memories and, hopefully, connect with fellow travelers along the way.

In the years since, I’ve gained considerable experience with alternative train transportation beyond Amtrak, and I’m excited to revisit some of these routes while exploring new lines I have yet to traverse. I've been gathering information and carefully mapping out my plans, and I’m especially looking forward to experiencing the crisp autumn air and vibrant fall foliage. I hope to capture some remarkable photographs during this journey and share them with others.

On a related note, I recently received a letter notifying me that I’ve been awarded the “Landscape Photographer of the Year” award by a publication, for one of my outdoor photographs. It’s my first award for my passion for photography, and I take it as a positive sign for what lies ahead.
RemoteMediaFile_6554575_0_2021_08_22_19_24_52.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: onethingtosay

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads