Introduction | Squat the Planet

Introduction

WilliamG

Reaction score
Hi, I hope that whoever's reading is doing well. I came here since I only recently became interested in trying to freight hop, yet I have no connections and honestly no clue where to start when it comes to formulating a solid plan. I hope that I'll get to know some good folks here and maybe someday be able to guide newbies like myself. This has been my first step in that process, and I'm looking forward to giving this a shot at some point in the future

Reactions: Extimus

Extimus

Reaction score
Sup man, greetings from a fellow noob, I can't help you at all lol
Hope ur well too

Raleslicr

Reaction score
Informed noob, but still green as fucking grass. I suggest reading /r/vagabond subreddit how to guide and just go out and start camping your local yard, I learned a lot just from walking down and around the tracks. figure out where the trains stop and get on the cars and look around. Watch railroad safety videos as well.

"Getting Off on the Right Foot"

"Why Risk Your Life"

Its not recommended to catch on the fly but the principles are valuable. Most importantly, understand that you can get sliced in half if your stupid. I was hiding underneath a line of railcars right outside the yard at night. not a good idea. loco coulda hooked up at any time, but if I had gone out, I probably woulda been caught by the bull. Risk vs reward.

Thats just 2 inches into this rabbit hole. You're in for a ride. hope to see you out there. If you stay around Columbus, I would be happy to show you what I know so far...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads