Intro

woeloeclo

Reaction score
Hey all my name is Clover. I am look located in Michigan and have always felt a feeling of wanting to just… go.
I found this website because I was looking into commune living haha.
I am a very free spirit, i have been through severe hardships in life just as everyone else. Through my pain i’ve learned a very unique kindness.
Parents passed away when i was 11 and i think thats resulted in a failure for any sense of belonging anywhere at all.
Always have felt like i was physically, emotionally TRYING to fit in, in every setting ive been in.
I’m working in a kitchen now.
I micro dose shrooms.
I try to stay away from alcohol, and no hard drugs at all.
I have a small dog.
He’s what worries me about my future travels. Does anyone here travel with an animal? Is it frowned upon? He is my whole world and i won’t be able to travel as i please unless he’s with me.
I don’t know what travel i’m interested in yet. Honestly, one day sailing would be so amazing. I don’t think i’m in that position yet though.

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Joey Garbanzo

Lynora

Reaction score
Howdy and welcome!

Yes, folks travel with dogs quite frequently. I was at a punk show today had a bunch of dirty kids (travelers) at it a few years back, and most kids had at least one dog. Some had two.

It can definitely impact how you choose to travel. (A friend traveling with a dog opted to rubber tramp instead of train hopping like he had pre dog, for instance.)

I don't personally have a dog cuz I tend to work jobs with housing and it would limit my options. As far as sailing with a dog that may be a lil more complex. Most folks I know sail with cats. 100r.co is a website I recently found of some cool anarchist leaning folks who live on their sailboat, which you might enjoy.

Reactions: woeloeclo

woeloeclo

Reaction score
Howdy and welcome!

Yes, folks travel with dogs quite frequently. I was at a punk show today had a bunch of dirty kids (travelers) at it a few years back, and most kids had at least one dog. Some had two.

It can definitely impact how you choose to travel. (A friend traveling with a dog opted to rubber tramp instead of train hopping like he had pre dog, for instance.)

I don't personally have a dog cuz I tend to work jobs with housing and it would limit my options. As far as sailing with a dog that may be a lil more complex. Most folks I know sail with cats. 100r.co is a website I recently found of some cool anarchist leaning folks who live on their sailboat, which you might enjoy.

Thank you so much for this info i’ll def check that out.
Sailing would honestly be something years and years from now, post-dog lol. I don’t think he would like that at all unfortunately, but that would be awesome!

Reactions: Lynora

sevedemanos

Reaction score
communes are typically just a bunch of super religious or else entirely socially incompetent asshats and would not recommend. i always tell young people to give wwoofing a shot

Reactions: searover

Tobiko

doss tramp poonk
Reaction score
Reactions: sevedemanos

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads