Intro

Skankin Jerry

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My name is Jericho, but friends call me Skankin' Jerry. I'm 16 and from Plattsburgh, New York. That's about as far North in New York as you can get.

I've lurked this site a bit, and probably will continue to lurk for awhile. I just thought I'd write up one of these crumby introduction threads, because it seems that some of the posters on this site actually take some interest in them.

My love for abandoned buildings, and my hatred for society kind of lead me to an interest in squatting.

My plan: after high school, I'm going to attend college downstate, a train ride from NYC, and major in Political Science. Gain knowledge, experience, freedom, etc. and once college is over I don't plan on doing a single damn thing with my degree. I love traveling. I love traveling on foot, and by various forms of public transit. So my plan for after college is to squat around areas of the country and see all I need to see.

My family is lower-middle class, so I always have a meal and place to sleep. I don't mind it much, I don't think I would like being a rich kid. I'm a bit of minimalist, more so than the rest of my family. I get by.

I haven't really sat down to draw out a political manifesto, nor do I think I will develop one anytime soon. My viewpoints aren't entirely anarchic. It's really a jumble of many different ideals combined.

As co-leader of my high school's Gay-Straight Alliance, I do my best to promote equality in my environment. I don't really like to use the term "anti-", but I stand against bigotry. I do my best to make the school a safer place for that one kid who likes to skip down the hallway singing, and in that regard the campaigns I put together work to some degree.

I hate cops. I live in a small city, and the cops here pretty much do whatever they want. Police brutality is probably one of my more researched topics, and I am pretty knowledgeable on the subject.

Eh... I used to have a mohawk. Liberty spikes more specifically. I shaved my head and let my hair grow out. I blend in better that way. I had the mohawk for a couple years. It amused people, and was a good conversation opening when talking to chicks, but I outgrew the punk 'fuck off' phase quickly.

I like art. I like to draw, paint, spray paint, create.

I've been playing bass for 7 years. I play electric bass and classical/jazz upright bass. I've been playing drums for about 4 years now, though I haven't done much with it except expand my knowledge of music. I recently picked up the trombone for fun, and I'm learning that rather quickly. I just love music and love being involved in stuff.

I listen to ska and punk, or any combination of the two. As far as ska goes, my range includes everything from The Toasters, to Mustard Plug, on to Streetlight Manifesto. I listen to it all. As far as punk goes, I love the punk revival bands, such as Bad Religion, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, etc. ...Yeah, I'm in to the Crack Rock Steady stuff too, my favorite band being No Ca$h, although I listen to Morning Glory, INDK, Choking Victim, Team Spider, and Leftover Crack as well. YAY!SQUATTING1111CSQUATLOLOL No it's not like that. While these bands cater to my interests, I've been to the Lower East Side, seen C-Squat, walked around Tompkins Square and Avenues A, B, C. I love the neighborhood, and the parks, and the community, and appreciate the street art work, but have no particular desire to want to live in one specific co-op house to prove anything to myself or anyone. I respect it, but I don't want to meddle with it.

So, I look forward to expanding my knowledge while browsing this forum. I probably won't post much until I have some experience of my own, but I'll be lurking.

Peace.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
damn yo.. you sound mad official by your well written out intro. happy trails and safe rails.

Apples

Reaction score
Welcome to StP. Hope to see you on the road someday, maybe go to a Ska Festival. Don't know too many ska fans, and by ska fan im talking about 1st - 3rd wave ska (not the crack rock steady style ska). Regardless have fun with your travels and i hope to hear some stories.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads