[Intro] new person alert! | Squat the Planet

[Intro] new person alert!

Swimsushi

Reaction score
hey! I'm swimsushi, nice to meet yall. I'm honestly new to all of this. I've been living a basic life for the past three years, and I'm interested in knowing how to travel and experience in ways that aren't catered to be palatable for most everyone.
I remember when I was 15 and I met a dude named scooter through my brother. he lived as a nomad just traveling, getting jobs for a month or two, and then traveling again. I remember the awe I felt that he had that much freedom and peace to live that life.
I would like that. My ultimate career goal is a business in cannabis infused bee products, so why not travel and experience?
I like learning! any advice or tips are greatly appreciated.
I'm just happy to be living in a time I can connect and know how and what I want to do.

thanks for your time!

Swimsushi

Reaction score
I'm new, too. It's nice to meet you. Where you from? Where are you now? & where do you want to go?
I'm from a little bit of everywhere. I've been in oregon for about 3 years now. I'm near newport OR at the moment. It's pretty nice here especially the beaches. I want to go to massachusetts and chattanooga TN and arcata CA and just so many places. honestly, the biggest thing holding me back is I don't have a drivers license. I have no experience hitchhiking so I'm not comfortable doing that alone yet.

Reactions: Grey

Grey

Reaction score
Im really new to this stuff too, and also don't have a driver's license which definitely makes traveling harder lol but I'm trying my best anyways I'm looking for traveler friends and actually plan on headed to Oregon soon if you'd want to be friends hmu at 9899120735 (no calls cuz phone Anxiety)

SammiePa

Reaction score
Website
www.stephenbartlettwriter.com
Nice to meet you! :) You’ve definitely come to the right place to meet cool peeps with lots of info. I’m new to the sort of traveling I’ll be doing shortly too and have been overwhelmed m a good way by the wealth of knowledge here and all the unique and interesting people sharing their experiences. Definitely a group worth connecting with and supporting. Best of luck to you, and maybe I’ll see ya on the road :)

Reactions: Swimsushi

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Haha when I read your thread title my nerd brain instantly made the "New Challenger Approaching" sound from Super Smash Bros. Nicely done.
Welcome to the site! One of the things I appreciate about these forums are the mix of veterans and greenhorns alike.

If hitch hiking is what your leaning towards there's really no better place to learn than the west coast. In my experience people out there are way more prone to pick you up than elsewhere in the country. Still, you got the right idea, I would definitely pair up with someone you trust your first few rides. If not for courage than for companionship, it can be really stressful but that stress is easier to handle with someone else to banter with.

Good luck out there!

lemoncats

Reaction score
Hiya. I'm /semi/ new to all of this too. I've had a complicated last few years, and when I say "complicated" I really mean "pretending to be a part of normal society and not living how I really want to." I was a trashy teen and traveled for a few years, but didn't really make any connections before settling down. I'm back at it now and just want to hit the road tbh. I hope we can get to know each other and help each other out!

Swimsushi

Reaction score
Hiya. I'm /semi/ new to all of this too. I've had a complicated last few years, and when I say "complicated" I really mean "pretending to be a part of normal society and not living how I really want to." I was a trashy teen and traveled for a few years, but didn't really make any connections before settling down. I'm back at it now and just want to hit the road tbh. I hope we can get to know each other and help each other out!
that'd be cool! I appreciate all of y'all being a community and being there for new people and people who need some help. yeah, the 9-5-die doesn't work for me either so I feel you. I'm not sure how good this year is going to be with corona going on, but I feel safer knowing I can speak to y'all when I need advice or just friendship. thank you

Reactions: lemoncats

lemoncats

Reaction score
that'd be cool! I appreciate all of y'all being a community and being there for new people and people who need some help. yeah, the 9-5-die doesn't work for me either so I feel you. I'm not sure how good this year is going to be with corona going on, but I feel safer knowing I can speak to y'all when I need advice or just friendship. thank you

I think a lot of people are still traveling, which is good. I've found some people to hang and panhandle with in the last few weeks, so not everyone has stopped. but hey, less people traveling means more opportunities for me! I wish you luck and if you ever wanna just talk, hmu. I need more people to talk to lol

Swimsushi

Reaction score
Welcome to the board! If you were planning to visit the Eastern states, where would you go first?
I'd probably go to massachusetts. i've heard some good things and I'd love to explore the different ecosystems and stuff that are there. I've been in the west so long I havent seen sour grass clovers in about 5 years.

Reactions: Applelatchun

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads