Intro and question to anyone!

elisearnia

Reaction score
Hi, my name is stephanie and I am actually not a squatter. I hope it doesn't seem as if I am an imposter but I joined the forum as I am really interested in squatting and its way of life. I am a Graphic Design student in Bristol, UK and I am currently doing a project on squatting - specifically in the UK, however, I was just hoping that anyone (not just UK-based) could help me with a few questions I'm interested in.

What is the no.1 most important thing for squatters/squatting?
For example, I am making a poster looking at the contrast between legislature against squatting vs the simplicity of way of life as a squatter. Is it just a roof? safety? an object? Electricity? etc

Is it for anyone a way of life/a choice? And how do people who are forced to squat feel about people who do choose to do so?

What are the most important objects to have on you?

I hope these questions are okay to ask, feel free to educate me.

Thanks

Reactions: laughingman

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Welcome to the community! All your questions are welcome, you don't have to be from any particular background to participate here. Squatting and it's history is a pretty big subject! I'm not sure how much time you have, but we do have a ton of resources in the file library, including books, zines, documentaries, etc.

we also have a squatting discussion forum, so it might pay off to do some searching there:

good luck, and let us know if you need anything :)

Reactions: elisearnia

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads