I am Another You | Squat the Planet

I am Another You

dprogram

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this documentary on PBS? Thought I'd share. peace

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/i-am-another-you/

When 20-something Chinese filmmaker Nanfu Wang (Spirit Award-winner for Hooligan Sparrow) stays at a hostel in Florida on a break from her studies at New York University, she encounters Dylan, a blonde, charismatic, 22-year-old drifter who has left a comfortable home and loving family in Utah for a life of intentional homelessness and unfettered adventure. Fascinated by his choice and rejection of society’s rules, in I Am Another You Nanfu follows Dylan with her camera, living with him on the streets. But what begins as a portrait of a uniquely American quest for freedom reveals some surprising twists and turns in what also becomes a haunting and unforgettable story of family.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mtXZvepHu0

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Dahloaf223

Reaction score
Is there a way to watch this without buying it?
I saw it a few months ago on PBS or whatever the local version is in Arizona. I got lucky but that's all I watch and discovery, when I do. It was so well made. The narrator would meet up with the guy over the course of a couple years and hang out with him, and it really got into the psyche of living one day at a time, with pretty intense insights sometimes, as a traveler non-conformist, blacksheep, etc.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads