Sup...

MirrorLamp

Reaction score
Hi. My name is MirrorLamp.

I've never hopped a train, or lived in my car, or hitchhiked, or really even walked for extended periods of time, but for reasons I don't care to get into at the moment, I'll probably end up doing one or more of those things soon.

I basically know fuck all about being a hobo, so I'm mostly here to learn. I won't be starting my journey for a few months. I do intend to settle down someplace, but I don't even know where I want to go yet. I'm not gonna lie, I always wanted to wander around aimlessly for a while, and I don't exactly have any deadlines to meet, so I might be at it for some time.

I look forward to my time here!

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
Be forewarned u may end up addicted. I started over 10 years ago now, for a year then I was gonna settle down. All these years later any time I start to settle down as soon as shit don't go how I want I have an out. That just happened in fact, had a boring weekend got mildly depressed grabbed my pack out the closet and was on a train that night rambling on.
Anyway welcome and goodluck.

Reactions: Tude and MirrorLamp

MirrorLamp

Reaction score
Be forewarned u may end up addicted. I started over 10 years ago now, for a year then I was gonna settle down. All these years later any time I start to settle down as soon as shit don't go how I want I have an out. That just happened in fact, had a boring weekend got mildly depressed grabbed my pack out the closet and was on a train that night rambling on.
Anyway welcome and goodluck.

Thanks! I may do that. I've always been the type to quit when things got too stressful. Like I said, I plan on settling down somewhere new, but if traveling is more fun I may just stick with it. I'm determined not to return, but anything else is fair game.

Why wait a few months? Just go out and do some shit.

I'm sort of tied down at the moment. On top of that, I want to have time to prepare. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into and I don't want to fuck it up immediately. The absolute earliest I could leave is December, and I think it might be worth it to wait 'til spring.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and enjoy the wander!!

Reactions: MirrorLamp

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads