How to fix a broken sleeping bag

Dmac

Reaction score
Use some zip ties or shoe strings , poke a couple holes every foot or so and tie it closed. Then you can easily open it up again if you want.

Reactions: Punksasha

Dmac

Reaction score
You could use an awl or if its a nylon bag you could heat up a wire or end of a coat hanger and melt a small hole through it. Or cut the hanger and sharpen one end and make a loop on the other, like a big needle, and force it and the paracord through the material. Most nylon bags aren’t that difficult to punch trough.

Reactions: Ceannairc

Dmac

Reaction score
Find a nail and drive it through. Easy peasy

WanderLost

Reaction score
Double up your floss and sew it with a blanket stitch. It's very durable.

Attachments

• 20221022_133325.jpg
    20221022_133325.jpg
    838.4 KB · Views: 87

AestheticTramper

Reaction score
Hi everyone my sleeping bag broke and the zippers don't work anymore anyone have ideas I don't want to go buy a new one thanks

How is it broke, might be salvageable? If it's just that the zipper doesn't close the zip anymore than it could be one of a few things.... On my sleeping bag I had to cut the zip about an inch from the top of the sleeping bag so I could manually push it through the zipper thing and close the zip. (being careful never to fully zip it all the way again haha) This was due to some of the zip 'teeth' being deformed or broken. It can also be the zipper itself that is bent or deformed.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads