How to find squats in new place?

Reaction score
Best advice I can give: one, don't ask anyone unless your looking for company or want them to know where your at; two, spotting an abandoned barn, house, or building requires common sense; if it looks about ready to fall over or cave in, stay away. If it is tagged with graffiti art and you see signs that the place is frequented by the locals--dont try squatting there. Three, once you find a good squat, leave minimal impact of your existence in/on your immediate and surrounding environments. Hope this helps...✌🏻❤️

TheTexasRoadrunner

Reaction score
From my understanding it seems a lot of the areas in northern city's are starting to be abandoned for some reason. I been seeing on YouTube of videos of people showing abandoned neighborhoods with nothing empty houses so I guess look for those videos ? I'm more of a living outside person so idk what else to say on that subject you know ?

Tony G

Reaction score
From my understanding it seems a lot of the areas in northern city's are starting to be abandoned for some reason. I been seeing on YouTube of videos of people showing abandoned neighborhoods with nothing empty houses so I guess look for those videos ? I'm more of a living outside person so idk what else to say on that subject you know ?

alot of rustbelt citys are bad hell gary in had to close a road into the city im from md originally and whole blocks of baltimore are abandoned

leaves

Reaction score
when looking for a long term squat, you want something out of the way of the highly populated areas. then spend a few days scoping it out. it can be really sketchy in some cities, but if you're discreet coming and going you can stay there for months. Usually a window will be broken out, or a door taken off the hinges. the country is full of once-thriving cities full of abandoned houses and buildings, and these are often immediately outside of larger, more populated towns. Careful where you leave your stuff though, I've thought I was alone in a squat only to come back and all my things had been rifled through and pilfered.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads