How long have you pushed your oil life?

Jay89

Reaction score
Also if you cant afford to change the oil nothing wrong with just changing the filter. Always keep a couple extra filters and the tools to be able to change the oil and filter.

Jackthereaper

Reaction score
I'm about to round 11k miles on a 2004 elantra, I know thats fckin ridiculous...changing it real soon I promise. I have this possibly irrational fear that my engine's gonna blow up the day before I go to change it.

What's the most life yall have tried to squeeze out of your oil?

I once purchased a toyota corolla with 135k miles on the odo(4aFe engine) i paid $600. I proceeded to never change the oil or filter, and the car rode strong till the auto trans took a shit at 247k miles. All i ever did was top it off if the oil light came on around hard corners ( i beat the shit out of this car, never had more than $40 in tires on it, warrantied like 15 pair of brake pads at auto zone etc). Dont neglect the car, just remember though that itll be good so long as its got some lubrication. Running it dry is far worse than running it for a long time w. Shit oil in it

• Epic
Reactions: Ringo

Ringo

Reaction score
When I was in my early 20s and way too strung out keeping myself alive, I neglected a 1989 Dodge Dakota of an oil change for nearly 20,000 miles on conventional oil. I barely noticed. Not good at all, but the engine still ran like a champ.

BusGypsy

Reaction score
oh geez yes i cannot emphasize enough- oil! We blew the engine on our last bus because we drove to Goerge, WA then Eugene, OR (following Dead & Company) and... well we were having such a good time, we forgot.
Got a rod knock, and an engine replacement would have been more expensive then just replacing the whole bus.
I don't know a lot about vehicles in general; my driver does that.
'But take care of your vehicle, especially if it's your home!

Arizonagrey

Reaction score
I always carry 2 spares in my van gas jug tool box and have made some small modifications to make it easy for me to work on with a crippled leg. I was a mechanic before i hit the road and enjoy working on my own stuff but still i cannot stress regular maintenance enough especially having been stuck because of my my own stupidity and stubborness

Arizonagrey

Reaction score
When I was in my early 20s and way too strung out keeping myself alive, I neglected a 1989 Dodge Dakota of an oil change for nearly 20,000 miles on conventional oil. I barely noticed. Not good at all, but the engine still ran like a champ.
dude i had a dodge durango 4x4 that i bought on a salvaged title for 400 bucks and i abused the shit out of it for years on the road and it served me well those are good motors/framed vehicles

Reactions: Ringo

Jackthereaper

Reaction score
dude i had a dodge durango 4x4 that i bought on a salvaged title for 400 bucks and i abused the shit out of it for years on the road and it served me well those are good motors/framed vehicles
Speaking of durangos this little short fuck who worked at cranks catering when i was 16 got a company leased durango. Dude put 110k miles in the 3 year lease period and changed ths oil once at 12k miles. Needless to say the company made him buy that lease out. Truck still ran though, it was completely trashed

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads