Hitchiking thru Canada without a passport

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
How hard is it? Im trying to get to Alaska and get my life together thanks

You've given us no details. Are you from the USA? What are your start and ending points? Are you canadian? help us out here a little.

Help us, help you, helping us help you :p

• Agree
Reactions: Coywolf

ElNayshon

Reaction score
I am american citizen sorry about making two threads I wasn’t sure where to post. I am traveling pretty light and broke. Was just wondering which direction I should head. Currently in Aspen.

Reactions: Ynwdwndrr

Otter

Stateless Wanderer
Reaction score
I was going to say that they have a ferry you can take (no passport needed), but Ooff. I just checked the Alaskan maritime highway, it looks like its about $466 for a walk on from Bellingham to Juneau.

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
I wish I'd paid more attention to that show I watched long ago.

A guy did it by hopping a travel train (not transport trains) when no one was looking and hid from the cameras.

I can't remember how he got into America, but he did ...no passport ... nothing.

Maybe check YouTube. Surely others have done it.

Good luck!

oainabousi

Reaction score
I'm hitch hiking in Quebec,Canada right now. It's really lovely and people stops or wave all the time. Just focus to make eye contact with people who looks like they want to stop. People are often afraid to stop and if you give it a smile it always works. Happy travels

Reactions: ElNayshon

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads