Hi I'm turk47

Joey Garbanzo

Muscle of the DiPinto Crime Family
Reaction score
How old are you? Have you actually read old threads on this forum?

You'll need warm clothes, long johns, insulated bibs (or non depending on how much travelling you do), a sturdy and warm jacket like carhartt, winter hat, gloves...if I was you I'd travel south for the winters. Why stay in NY State for no reason other than to suffer outside if you don't have to?

Reactions: Colinleath

beau riley

Reaction score
Hey, I'm also new here, but I'd recommend you read the StP rules. This is a community, not a subreddit or anything like that. While this is a place to trade info and resources, it's also a place to meet people and make friends.
From what I've seen, it gets annoying for the site mods and Matt himself when kids show up here with a very vague question and no respect for anyone. Let's try to keep this place neat. Thanks

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
To piggyback a bit on what @beau said- Vague questions can certainly be annoying but what's more annoying is when the search bar is right there and this particular topic has been discussed ad nauseam for nearly two decades here. One could simply type in a single four letter word gear and instantly receive hundreds of threads and thousands of recommendations on what someone soon to be homeless should consider gearing up on. It just comes off very lazy, and that's one of the last things you're gonna need if you're about to be homeless.

Also, this isn't an introduction. It tells us absolutely nothing about you.

Reactions: beau riley

Coyote Red

Reaction score
English isn't everyone's first language maybe you could all be a little nicer to people that come on here looking for help but don't know how to navigate the site. Idk I'm an older traveler what the fuck do I know. We didn't have the internet to help each other out back in the day. Maybe try being helpful instead of being dicks is a good start.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey great news, @Theturk47 we just found a volunteer to assist you with all of your research work! @Coyote Red (a very nice carebear) is gonna help you figure out exactly what you will need with absolutely zero useful information like what climate you're in, your body size, etc. He's gonna do that and he's gonna fix the crops, he's gonna fix everything! And he's gonna do it all in one day!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey great news, @Theturk47 we just found a volunteer to assist you with all of your research work! @Coyote Red (a very nice carebear) is gonna help you figure out exactly what you will need with absolutely zero useful information like what climate you're in, your body size, etc. He's gonna do that and he's gonna fix the crops, he's gonna fix everything! And he's gonna do it all in one day!

and he's gonna do it with the stuff in the toilet!

I've met some really nice folks on here in the past it's a shame the what the "punk/anarchist" community is becoming

seriously though, let's calm down a little. others are pointing out things that have been heavily covered in the guide to using StP, and @Theturk47 has posted many questions like this in the past; in addition, as others have stated, this IS NOT AN INTRODUCITON. so @Coyote Red i think you're missing some context here. Also, turk is in the NE/Midwest if I recall from their previous postings, so I hope for their own sake they are fluent in English.

if you go this far with this many postings ignoring all the advice that is sent to you and ignoring general posting etiquette, then yeah, we're gonna make fun of you at the very least.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads