Hi I'm Perry, good to be here | Squat the Planet

Hi I'm Perry, good to be here

Perry

Reaction score
Hi, my internet name is perry :) I accidentally wrote an essay, I'm sorry.

23f, wouldn't call myself a traveler or nomad or anything, just someone who likes going on the road between jobs.

I like thinking about how people traveled in the past, how it affected their perception of the world. Like the first time you ride your bike through a city you've only seen through a car window. Every style of traveling opens your eyes to something you previously overlooked, and I want to try them all.

I've done a bike tour, some hitchhiking, and soon to begin 2 months of traveling in a lil subaru forester. I like long bus rides and flights, waiting in the airport, long layovers. If seasickness doesn't get me first, I want to sail someday. Train hop. Walk all the way across a country. Go from one state to another on a river route...is that even possible? Are there any cross-country horseback routes left in the world? Camels? Rafting across the bayou?

In a couple weeks, I'll be in my car heading southwest and then southeast. Nervous yet excited. This is somehow more nerve-wracking hitchhiking. Having more control than I'm used to will feel weird at first.

This forum seems so full of cool people who have their own reasons for moving around in the way that they do. There's a lot to learn. It's good to be here, nice to meet you. :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
welcome! you might want to check out slab city when you're in the SW. if you come through austin, tx and want a place to crash let me know!

Tony G

Reaction score
Hi, my internet name is perry :) I accidentally wrote an essay, I'm sorry.

23f, wouldn't call myself a traveler or nomad or anything, just someone who likes going on the road between jobs.

I like thinking about how people traveled in the past, how it affected their perception of the world. Like the first time you ride your bike through a city you've only seen through a car window. Every style of traveling opens your eyes to something you previously overlooked, and I want to try them all.

I've done a bike tour, some hitchhiking, and soon to begin 2 months of traveling in a lil subaru forester. I like long bus rides and flights, waiting in the airport, long layovers. If seasickness doesn't get me first, I want to sail someday. Train hop. Walk all the way across a country. Go from one state to another on a river route...is that even possible? Are there any cross-country horseback routes left in the world? Camels? Rafting across the bayou?

In a couple weeks, I'll be in my car heading southwest and then southeast. Nervous yet excited. This is somehow more nerve-wracking hitchhiking. Having more control than I'm used to will feel weird at first.

This forum seems so full of cool people who have their own reasons for moving around in the way that they do. There's a lot to learn. It's good to be here, nice to meet you. :)
welcome to stp im tony welcome if u have any questions ask me or matt hes head honcho round here

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Welcome to SPT. Its nice to see an essay as you called it for an introduction. Its a good break from the usual "hi I'm (insert name) I'm looking for someone to teach me everything."
Be sure to share some of your stories from your travels with us in the travel stories section.
Cheers!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads