Heyo

catnipmonger

wannabe pirate
Reaction score
I've been lurking for the past few months so decided to make an account. Seeing stuff like David Choe go across America, (..... and, yeah, Into the Wild lol), got me into the idea of bouncing around.
Originally I had last fall as a deadline to set out, though I've been unprepared in a few different ways. (mentally, gear, funds).

Didn't do much last year, tried making some shirts, sold a few at a pride fest. Didn't sleep the night before hand so I was pretty much a zombie, it was fun though.
Ordered some supplies for jewelry making earlier today. Apparently the first thing I expressed wanting to do when I was but a mere gremlin was "sell wares out of the back of a truck". I don't have a truck, but I do have a roll up display B^)

Although I'm not in a great place in my life right now, things could be a lot worse. I was hospitalized in 2019 and dropped out after the first day of my Jr year. Got the GED in 2020. The idea of working for the rest of my life sounds excruciating. I know it's not the only option, still I cant really see myself being able to do anything other than a dead end job.

I have a friend in California who I've been wanting to visit for a while. Right now my goal is to see more of the country and make my way out of the east coast to gain general perspective. It'd be rad to get into some more bandos too.

Glad to have found this site. Hopefully I'll be posting about my adventures soon.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads