Hey there

straykat

Reaction score
Hey guys my name is Kat, I have this huge urge to just get up and go but I have a problem... I'm only 15. For a while now Iv had a desire to travel and see the world but a few days ago I had an exsperiance that has left me wanting more, long story short I was hanging out under the tracks as the train went over head and it was amazing.

Reactions: wizehop

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If I were you, I would first think about my POSITIVE assets. What DO you have going for you? Think about it VERY carefully. Despite what you see in movies, life on the road is not glamorous. You'll be dirtier, colder, hungrier, wetter, broker, hotter, and more miserable than you've probably ever been in your life. Not only that, but as TONS of people have said to young people in your situation; the road is dangerous, there are people you will cross paths with who will try (and possibly succeed) to beat you up, rob you, rape you, and even kill you for no reason at all. Unless you're CURRENTLY in a life-or-death situation at home, I would HIGHLY recommend that you stick around and tough it out for the next three years. It might be rough, but you can start now and use every resource available to you to research and learn about where you'd wanna go, methods of travel, tips, hints and advice from people who have been living the nomadic lifestyle for years. In the meantime, read everything you can get your hands on about rural & urban survivalism, and focus on becoming the type of person that is reliable and self-sufficient, regardless of the circumstances. There are TONS of posts & articles on this very website, so try using the search bar or just browsing the different categories.

Welcome to STP! :D

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to STP...

This is a public service announcement.

Study everything you can find here... then forget about it for a while.
Stay in School.
Get into AP Chemistry, Math, Physics, and Biology.
Become a mad scientist.
Then start traveling and become Evil Madam Magic of The Train Core Riders.
Peace.::cigar::

Last edited:

Reaction score
I'm not advocating leaving home or anything, but like i don't regret it. It was some of the best times i ever had and like Who else makes memories like that at such a young age. I think it was worth it. Just keep yer head screwed on straight and lay low. Either way keep yer wits about you.

Reactions: straykat

Reaction score
Or, you know worry. Like worry that everyday that passes is another opportunity missed, like yeah you got plenty more ahead of you and bigger ones at that but what about that specific one. What those days could be as against what they are and will become. Paradise isn't a place on earth it's more a train of thought follow it and see what you find. If everyday seems like a Dreg, Find a new way to spend your days
You might feel the waves of your choices when your older hit you, but for now it should all be good and if your just living your life thinking of what will happen in the future then you never really live in the present. Go your own way. whatever it is.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads