hey, all of you dorks!

Discordia

Reaction score
hey, all! my name's E; that's usually what I go by, but sometimes people call me Em, too. i'm a broke-ass, car-less, high-school drop-out, currently living in northern illinois trying to get my GED, however, due to some conflicts in my home life (admittedly, most of it has been caused by me because of some deep-rooted family issues), i might not have a home in a couple of months, or less. my only other option would be to live with my abusive and manipulative grandmother, and i'd rather not have to live in such an unhealthy environment. i've always wanted to travel and get around, so, i figure if i end up homeless, i may as well do as much traveling as possible, you know? i've known of this community for a while, but this is my first time actually interacting with it.

i can't wait to get to know you all, and i hope you all are have a great day/evening, wherever you are!

Last edited:

Discordia

Reaction score
Hi. There are online programs you can do to just graduate if you can't handle the test.

it's not that i can't handle the test(s), and i definitely plan on taking them if my housing situation holds up, it's just the fact that it might not hold up, and a lot of those online programs are either scams, or don't actually give you a diploma/ged. however, thanks for your reply nonetheless!

Discordia

Reaction score
hey again. i didn't know where i should post this kind of thing, so i figure that since thread is still somewhat fresh i'd post it here.

basically, i might become houseless by the end of today, and as stated in my original post, i have no money and no car. i'm considering using my abusive grandmothers credit card to buy a plane ticket and an uber, however, i have no idea where i'd go.

does anyone have any tips or advice that i could use in this situation? i really need it, in all honesty. I'm a dumbass for getting myself into this situation, but, it happens, i guess.

Reactions: TayNZ

Lobo Hobo

Reaction score
Hi E. You sure are between a rock and a hard place. I don't know the specifics of your family situation but I do know some hard truths about being without a roof and / or car. If you can get some odd jobs / work lined up, take the opportunity to stay at your grandma's house. Even if you decide to go homeless, having an address and amenities to keep self and clothes clean etc. are invaluable. If you are working, going to job interviews etc. you will minimize your exposure to toxic environment. Avoid jumping in to complete 24 /7 homelessness right off the bat. Learn some skills, make connections, get the gear, locate the resources, find what you're good at, and things you need to improve on. You will need to think objectively when homeless. Practice not thinking impulsively now and you will end up where you want to be. Stay safe and good luck.

Reactions: Minky

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads