Hello

AshAquarius

Reaction score
Hi, I am 36 and tired of playing the stable job and life game. It comes in cycles for me and I did it for the last few years but no more. My soul is screaming. I'm currently in North Alabama, after coming here from Florida, it's not all that it was promised to be and my work plans fell through. I currently am broke but looking for travel or work opportunities that allow me to bring my two dogs. This is the reason I don't just stay in the woods and work for a few months, nowhere to keep my dogs and they are my whole life, I will not give them up. So basically on here looking for options. Gonna spend a while learning and making friends before deciding exactly where to go. I am very interested in Slab City. I've been learning about it for a few years now and it's a definite bucket list destination for me. Before making it out that far I'm also interested in either Birmingham, AL, NOLA, Joshua Tree, Mt. Shasta, or anywhere in Arizona, Nevada, or New Mexico. Basically I have nothing but time and just don't know exactly what to do next.

AlexKnoch

Reaction score
Website
AlexKnoch.com
Hey Ash! I love that you're getting out there and trying to live the life you want. I'm sending you some positive vibes. I'm sure what you're looking for will find you, all you gotta do is ask the universe for it.

What kind of dogs do you have? I'm 100% a dog person but I don't know if I could take on that kind of responsibility when I travel around so much..

AshAquarius

Reaction score
Hey Ash! I love that you're getting out there and trying to live the life you want. I'm sending you some positive vibes. I'm sure what you're looking for will find you, all you gotta do is ask the universe for it.

What kind of dogs do you have? I'm 100% a dog person but I don't know if I could take on that kind of responsibility when I travel around so much..
Thanks for the welcome and well wishes.
I have one small and one large hairless dog. Not the best to travel with as I'm afraid of them getting stolen but I would never let them out of my sight for even a second. Even if it means going hungry by missing chances to go in stores and such. They are my best friends in the whole world and honestly the only reason I'm still alive. I had a job pretty much strictly to care for them. I would've given all of this up a long time ago if not for my dogs. If someone asks I figure I can just tell people they have mange so no one tries to mess with them. I know it's a stupid idea to travel with them but my mental health is declining so much being trapped in a job and giving all of my time to someone else..to the point I feel I have no choice left. I cry myself to sleep every night and wake up and take every ounce of everything I have to work. I wish it wasnt a hassle with cops to just set up a tent in the woods. I'd happily live like that. Dumpsters provide more than enough. I don't know I'm just ranting..really on the edge of sanity and I think the challenge of survival and travel will distract me from my current issues. I've been restless before being stable for these current years and it's calling to me again. I'm worried about my dogs but I know I have no other choice cause even if I gave them to a friend, they won't even eat if I'm not around, so that wouldn't be fair to them either and they both love exploring so I think it would be fun for them to see different places everyday.

Reactions: Nickelhikes

AshAquarius

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210907-212311.png

kalefice

Reaction score
Your dogs are so cute lol And it sounds like you need a change from your current lifestyle whether that's traveling or something else! Good for you for seeing that too. About leaving your dogs to go into stores - what if you got them those little harness/vests for support dogs? You could probably avoid a lot of conflicts that way, and then high-tail it out if anyone really had a problem or threatened to call the cops or whatever.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads