Hello!

Rowan

Reaction score
Website
www.rowanwoodcockart.com
I'm an artist and student currently living in Chicago and I'm looking to meet some people who know the city or are at least interested in exploring with me. I'm not much of a city person but getting into things like foraging and dumpster diving helps make living here easier so I'd like to do more of that.
I already know some places for foraging downtown by the lake but now that winter is here that's kind of out the window. I love drawing and playing instruments and making things from scratch.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome - um Ragingwoodcock. :D hehe I love some of the different forums I'm on (ok some of them >10 years) where you see some same threads repeated over the years - most famous. So - where is your handle from, why is it that. So I ask you, Sir woodcock - how did you pick this one? hehe Oh and welcome here again - what kind of medium are you into as an artist?

Rowan

Reaction score
Website
www.rowanwoodcockart.com
Welcome - um Ragingwoodcock. :D hehe I love some of the different forums I'm on (ok some of them >10 years) where you see some same threads repeated over the years - most famous. So - where is your handle from, why is it that. So I ask you, Sir woodcock - how did you pick this one? hehe Oh and welcome here again - what kind of medium are you into as an artist?
I chose ragingwoodcock because Woodcock's in my name so it felt like an appropriate username haha
I really like working with ink and pencils, but I work digitally as well (my icon is a good example of that).

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Sweet!! I originally (in my long non illultrious career ...) started out in art - my passion was black and white and did a lot with charcoal as well as pen and ink. Keep it up!!

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Student housing Eh? What school you going to? Also, have you climbed the kinzie bridge yet? It's kind of a Chicago delinquent rite of passage in my humble opinion.

Rowan

Reaction score
Website
www.rowanwoodcockart.com
Student housing Eh? What school you going to? Also, have you climbed the kinzie bridge yet? It's kind of a Chicago delinquent rite of passage in my humble opinion.
I'm going to Columbia College for animation.
And no I haven't climbed it! I spent a good chunk of my life in Chicago but haven't explored much outside of Rogers Park.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Oh well there is plenty to see. Or so I'm told. Most of my friends aren't exactly "adventure" savvy so I tend to do most of my exploring on my own. PM me if you ever wanna hang

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads