Hello.

Haley

Reaction score
Hi all, I figured I'd better get myself acquainted with everyone by posting a bit about myself.

I've been able to travel starting from a young age. I was fortunate enough to travel all through Europe from ages 8 to 15. I've visited 21 of the fifty states (not much, but I'm looking to add to that list this upcoming spring).

I've lived in Las Vegas all of my life, unfortunately, but I'm really looking to branch out. Next spring I'm doing a small trip from Lake Tahoe to Washington on the Pacific crest trail. From there I'll visit with my mother for awhile- or at least until I'm recovered from that trip. Then I'll be heading down to the South. I've got lots of family scattered about in that region I'd like to visit, and I also love Memphis and New Orleans a whole hellov a lot.

All in all, I want to be free from everything. All of the responsibilities that are thrust upon you when you become an "adult". I'm not the type of gal that wants to sit around and work a 9-5 job for the rest of my life. At least not right now- I can't speak for my future self.

But whatever. You get the point.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
when are you hitting the trail? i've met a few that have done it but never been there myself. also, when are you hitting up the south? keep in mind winter conditions, it gets cold even in the south during the winter.

Haley

Reaction score
when are you hitting the trail? i've met a few that have done it but never been there myself. also, when are you hitting up the south? keep in mind winter conditions, it gets cold even in the south during the winter.

Ah, I've been so busy I haven't really had a chance to come back and reply.

I'm planning on hitting the Pacific Crest next spring. I'll be looking into what the weather is like and seeing if I'll be okay starting on the first of Spring- if not, I'll set a later date.
As for the South, I could be going any time after that. If weather permits, and I feel comfortable enough to make the trek. We'll see how everything works out as it does, I suppose.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Wow, how time flies!! I am no longer traveling by foot on the pacific crest trail this spring. I am currently in the process of purchasing a bus and converting it to my new living space.

hell yeah, i'm helping @LeftCoast do the same in seattle. are you just living in it or driving it somewhere?

L

LeftCoast

I really would love to walk some extended multi day/week trails. Welcome to the boards. We should totally be bus buddies :) What towns do you spend most of your time and where is your current home base?

Haley

Reaction score
hell yeah, i'm helping @LeftCoast do the same in seattle. are you just living in it or driving it somewhere?
Planning on driving anywhere, and everywhere. The sky is the limit. And cash, of course.

I really would love to walk some extended multi day/week trails. Welcome to the boards. We should totally be bus buddies :) What towns do you spend most of your time and where is your current home base?
Me too!! I'd be doing some now, but I work way too much. Trying to save up some cash. ;)
I'm currently trapped in Vegas, but hopefully I'll be out of here soon!!!

Reactions: Zeke42

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads