Hello. Names Kev, nice to meet you all. Cheers.

Bushpig

Reaction score
I don't travel much but I interlope @ different places. If anyone needs any lockpicking advice of physical penetration advice, hmu. Anywho, take care everyone.
Welcome to the site. I think I've seen some lock picking threads while browsing. Check the search function.

I always thought lockpicking would be fun to learn, but I don't know how to start without looking like a burglar.

Survival Warrior

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I think I've seen some lock picking threads while browsing. Check the search function.

I always thought lockpicking would be fun to learn, but I don't know how to start without looking like a burglar.

Well, I live at a university so all the doors are locked, they're all Best SFIC (excluding a handful of Corbin's), so I can pretty much just pick whatever. It's a great place to learn because buying/re-pinning a lock over and over to practice would cost a good amount of $. I get to pick for free and it's a lock style that I'll probably find in all the places I choose to live. I figure I've gotten free educational material that an apprentice locksmith would take Much longer to acquire. I actually have a tool that's faster than picking and opens more doors- but it's inelegant.

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
Reaction score
Well, I live at a university so all the doors are locked, they're all Best SFIC (excluding a handful of Corbin's), so I can pretty much just pick whatever. It's a great place to learn because buying/re-pinning a lock over and over to practice would cost a good amount of $. I get to pick for free and it's a lock style that I'll probably find in all the places I choose to live. I figure I've gotten free educational material that an apprentice locksmith would take Much longer to acquire. I actually have a tool that's faster than picking and opens more doors- but it's inelegant.
Itscalled a key to the city, aka small crow bar

Survival Warrior

Reaction score
Itscalled a key to the city, aka small crow bar

Lol. I don't do overt entry= only covert. Though you could say I squat= what I do has almost nothing in common with people who squat on a property. They try to make a home out of a home that isn't there's- I make a home out of something that isn't a home. Very different.

Reactions: Lucky1313131313

Gibbyotrl

Reaction score
Howdy. You must be a good luck picker to get into Best locks and some of the Corbin's with the ridged pins. I was an apprentice locksmith many years ago and still carry a set of picks in cast of emergencies and get several calls from friends that have locked themselves out of their car or house...lol.
I always said the difference between a burglar and locksmith is you won't know I was there. They use the crowbars and such, I try not to damage. There really isn't a way to keep people out of somewhere if they really want in. Locks are mostly to keep honest people honest.
I understand your thoughts on staying somewhere not being used. There is so much waste in the world that could accommodate and help people. I understand ones need to survive and thrive, but the greed is another story. Sharing the good we have is returned a thousand fold.
Safe travels and much love to you.
Gibby

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads