Hello!! Intro: | Squat the Planet

Hello!! Intro:

Dandidooer

Reaction score
Hello! I'm Danny, an 18yr old transguy wondering if any life style on here might be good for me

I stumbled across this website after semi- seriously debating what I want in my life.

I just got my first apartment a month ago and I'm happy to have a place to myself, and my job is great and all (money, ya know?) but I feel like im losing myself getting up everyday and coming home and doing it all again. The last thing I'd want to do is invade a safe space for others and try to come on here looking like a douche.

I've couch hopped a few times when I was a teen due to fmaily issues and fairly enjoyed it, but I want to pick up my feet and head north (I'm sadly in Florida lol) in the up coming years and hopefully not have a 9 to 5, I just dont really know if this is something I should just do or not once my lease ends next year, but if it is I want to be prepared as I can

Bibs

Reaction score
Welcome to stp Danny we're glad you're here and please don't think you're being a "douche" by coming in here while housed up. We welcome every kind of person from all walks of life and we don't judge anyone unless they're objectively a shitty person.

That being said what aspects of these lifestyles interest you most? Do you just want to live outside and thumb it place to place working odd jobs as you see fit? Or maybe you want to spend your days building boats, sailing the seas and letting Poseidon guide you? Maybe you want to ride the high iron like hoboes of old?
No matter what you choose there's enough information here to educate yourself and make informed decisions about what you want. Feel free to peruse the forums and soak up all that juicy knowledge and if you ever find yourself out in the pnw drop me a line and I'll help ya out if you're in need. Be safe and have fun!
With gratitude, -Ian

Dandidooer

Reaction score
Welcome to stp Danny we're glad you're here and please don't think you're being a "douche" by coming in here while housed up. We welcome every kind of person from all walks of life and we don't judge anyone unless they're objectively a shitty person.

That being said what aspects of these lifestyles interest you most? Do you just want to live outside and thumb it place to place working odd jobs as you see fit? Or maybe you want to spend your days building boats, sailing the seas and letting Poseidon guide you? Maybe you want to ride the high iron like hoboes of old?
No matter what you choose there's enough information here to educate yourself and make informed decisions about what you want. Feel free to peruse the forums and soak up all that juicy knowledge and if you ever find yourself out in the pnw drop me a line and I'll help ya out if you're in need. Be safe and have fun!
With gratitude, -Ian
I really want to enjoy life outside of my job and with my girl, traveling and living as authentic to ourselves as we can.

Traveling wise, I think a car would best suit our needs and wants, but I'm definitely interested in taking my time and enjoying the outdoors and setting camp for a few nights here and there, helping others out (She's really into spreading love and kindness and is actually traveling doing that now with her family) and being able to rely on ourselves without the rat race.

I just don't really know where I would even start to try to get out, and if my body would even be able to handle this life style. Just anxieties like that seem to be holding me back from doing this

Reactions: Bibs

Bibs

Reaction score
I really want to enjoy life outside of my job and with my girl, traveling and living as authentic to ourselves as we can.

Traveling wise, I think a car would best suit our needs and wants, but I'm definitely interested in taking my time and enjoying the outdoors and setting camp for a few nights here and there, helping others out (She's really into spreading love and kindness and is actually traveling doing that now with her family) and being able to rely on ourselves without the rat race.

I just don't really know where I would even start to try to get out, and if my body would even be able to handle this life style. Just anxieties like that seem to be holding me back from doing this
Those are noble goals and very simply obtainable, albeit not easily obtainable. You've already taken the first step though by realizing what you want, the second step is to do research into how exactly you want to do it.
If you wanna travel with a car, cool, that's called rubbertramping and it's a great way to travel there's actually an entire forum section here dedicated to just that.
I'd recommend reading up on the travel gear and work forums as well to get an idea of what you might want to bring with you and what you need to bring with you, and how you're going to afford it.
As far as being physically able goes I've seen paraplegics on the road who are ten times the traveler I could ever hope to be. Just so long as you know what your body is capable of handling I think you'll be just fine. The last step of course would be conquering those anxieties and striking out on your own which is arguably the hardest part but, with conviction, it is most certainly possible.

Traveler

Reaction score
Stp is a community, hard to be an invader unless you come in flinging shit. There's a wealth of knowledge and a lot of helpful people here so if you're thinking about the vagabond life you're in the right place! Good luck figuring out your path!

zenchop

Reaction score
Hey just curious whereabouts in Florida you are (don't have to be specific of course)? I'm in Ocala right now living the vanpunk life but I will be heading out traveling again within a year (currently looking out for my dad who has advanced dementia and hope he sticks around a while but once this is done I'm headed back west). Was just thinking if you're near central Florida and wanted to shoot the shit sometime it's always fun to share stories in person.

Anthorhitchhiker77

Reaction score
Hey just curious whereabouts in Florida you are (don't have to be specific of course)? I'm in Ocala right now living the vanpunk life but I will be heading out traveling again within a year (currently looking out for my dad who has advanced dementia and hope he sticks around a while but once this is done I'm headed back west). Was just thinking if you're near central Florida and wanted to shoot the shit sometime it's always fun to share stories in person.
Where you at now

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads