Hello from Toronto.

Reaction score
Hey StP. New here, really happy to have stumbled onto this amazing website.
Looking to get down to the states this winter. and do quite the tour. Craving the south for winter.
My most current mission is to get to Detroit. asap.

I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself.
My name is Wren. I'm 25 years old, currently residing in downtown Toronto.
I was a street kid from 16-20 and have been off and on 'homeless' ever since.
I'm about to go through another eviction process at my current residence. So this is the perfect chance for me to break free. I've been in the same place for too long. and am itching to travel again
I'm not afraid to get dirty and I crave adventure. I love hiking, biking and longboarding. I'm a fan of the circus arts, I own a hoop, flow wand and contact ball. I eventually want to get a fire hoop but i need to perfect my skills so I don't harm myself or anyone around me aha.
Big nerd, cat lover, music junkie, and tea addict. I'm really friendly and outgoing and am looking forward to my new adventure ahead of me.
What time is it?

Hope this wasn't too long. If anyone has any advice for me in getting to Detroit, or needs to know anything about Toronto and its surrounding areas feel free to contact me. Looking forward to being active in this community. Thanks!

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hope you have your papers in order,to get across the border. Just to make things simple for you,I suggest getting a bus to the Motor City ! Do know the have lots of squats there,can't remember the name of the group,right now. Happy Travels !

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. And lol@my avatar. This is from a movie called Beyond The Black Rainbow. Really beautiful canadian film (watchit), i was fiddling with that gravatar and had uploaded a few icons but i guess i didn't realize what it had switched to in the end. lol.

I'm trying my hardest right now to get my paperwork in order. I'm going to try to go to the american embassy first thing on monday and see if they have any advice to help me. I am a bit short of ID since my wallet was stolen this summer. And I'm bad at being an adult so I've only had my health card replaced. I was born in america and have photocopies of my sin, and birth certificate but I dont think that is going to be enough. Border seems obnoxiously tight these days..
I've looked into a few communes and have gotten in touch with some people who were apart of occupy detroit. I'm still waiting to hear back from them and another few housing collectives.
Been looking into rideshares and stuff too. I was told it would be easier to cross at niagara though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads