Hello from Paris, France | Squat the Planet

Hello from Paris, France

Svats

Reaction score
Hello everyone

At first i want to apologize about my bad english, sorry :/.
Well, I don't know a lot about travelling since I live all my life in Paris, with my family (and soon they will kick me out, I suppose), but i planned to move out, and travel in France with a car or simply staying in Paris. In fact, I love Paris. This enormous city have so much "hidden" place to see, like a urban adventure. An endless adventure. I love loose myself in this city, both underground than on the surface.
I love reading SF books and comics (but i don't like superheros comics, i prefer things like Port of Earth, Uber, Eclipse or Sillage ahah). I love music too, and i play bass.

Sorry again for my english, bye !

Jackthereaper

Reaction score
Welcome! Paris is my favorite city by far. Last visit i got about 3/4 of the way around la petite cienture which was amazing. Some of the tunnels are so cool! I plan on finding the southern catacombs next trip as well as completing la petite cienture.

What are your favorite hidden places in paris?
Im a croissant addict, do you have a favorite croissant in paris?
Are there any good music venues for local bands i should check out?

How old are you?
Do you have a job?
How do you feel about macron?
Have you participated in any gilet jaunes activities?

Last edited:

Svats

Reaction score
Thanks ! Yes Paris is a very nice city, and the petite ceinture is a nice place for chilling. But careful the paris mayor want to open it to the public (some sections are already open) so there are some construction site kept by guards. Well it still remains a cool place.

The old quarries of Paris are very nice and i love them. The GRS is really easy to acces and the most know, so you will meet a lot of person down, a very nice experience. When do you think you're going to paris? if you wish I could help you in the quarries and show you nice places under paris.

Well, my favorite place in Paris is Indeed the quarries, and the quarries in the suburban near paris are very nice too. Sadly I don't like a lot croissant, but you can find them in every bakery ahah.

For the music in paris there are different bars or places, and i recomment you to check on razibus (Concerts Punk, Ska, Hardcore à venir en Ile-de-France, manifs, festivals... - Razibus - http://razibus.net/evenements-a-venir.php?region=Ile-de-France) the next live. In this site you will find both locals bands and non-locals bands, and i recommend you to look on this site. If your travel is planned in the far future, it may be not a lot of concert announced, because the shows are usually put on this site one or two month before, or maybe less.

I'm actually 17 years olds, and i don't work (except at school obv). Macron is not a good president (btw we can't get a good system through élections ahah). He serves the liberal and do repression to the people. He is the president of the bourgeoisie and the rich. Our interior ministre (castaner) is actually more working about wounding the protesters than protect them. That's why it's right to protest against the government to change things. So for the last question yes ahah ^^

• Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick
D

Deleted member 25534

Hello!

I've always wanted to visit France, I think it's admirable how connected you are to your city, Paris is definitely on my list of places to check out sometime. Have you ever been to any other cities in France? What did you think of them, if so?

Svats

Reaction score
Hello !
I visited in France three others "big" cities, Toulon, Ajaccio, and Avignon, for seeing some of my family members who don't live in Paris. These cities are radically different of Paris. Toulon is a military harbor, and a lot of people in this city are related to it. The ambiance is radically different, it's a typic military harbor city. Ajaccio one of the major city of Corsica, very touristic, and i don't really passed time in the city for visiting (it was just for 3 days), i stayed with my familly. And the last is Avignon. I like Avignon, it's a old city with walls around the old city, like a old medival town (in the past all big town have one or more Walls like that, but sadly in Paris they're gone). The south of France in this region is very nice, i love wandering in the wilderness "garrigue".

But these three cities are not like Paris. Paris is "different" than all others french cities. It's a mega-city like some in america but with olds buildings, mixed with others. I live in the 13 arrondissement, in a place full of modern concrete, and after 20 min walk I can see old haussmannian houses with no modern hight-spire. Paris is a mix of old and modern with a lot of hidden things, and the view we have when we are on the roofs of buildings is fantastic.

If one day you come, tell me so I could show you some interesting things :)

D

Deleted member 25534

That's really cool, I will be sure to let you know when I do! I believe my father traveled thru Avignon once, I may have slide photos somewhere. This was a long time ago, however. He always had fond memories of France. He also lived in Paris for a time as a boy. I'm very interested in seeing the underground spots/less touristy areas and beautiful old architecture.

Svats

Reaction score
Oh, that's nice if your father keeps good memories of France. And no worries Paris has many places underground and a beautiful old architecture !

wwithout

Reaction score
Bonjour, i am staying in Paris with my partner through most of june. It is my first time here so im trying to catch all the tourist shit, but also would really love to see the catacombs and other um, less visited places. Staying in the 18th arrondisemont now. Would you want to meet up some time this month?

jimi

Reaction score
Hello! I hope to visit Paris one day soon! Maybe this summer, but if not then maybe next year!

Older Than Dirt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I was a teenage punk-rock hoodlum in Paris in '77-'78, and have been back a bunch of times again since 2000. It is one of the best places in the world; you are lucky to be there.

One of my favorite '70s Paris memories is walking home late at night from a show, and passing through a large open empty place, when two cars hit each other head-on, despite being the only two cars in a very large open place. A motorcycle cop got on his radio post-haste: "Young man, black leather jacket, heading south, Rue Whatever". They make NYC cops look like social workers.

• Haha
Reactions: wwithout

Jelizuh

Reaction score
Bonjour! My partner and I are arriving in paris on the 17th until the 24th this month. We've never been here and are scrambling to find a couchsurfing host but are not getting anything. We have years experience squatting all over the states and in nooks and bushes, so roughing it isn't too bad. Do you have advice on what to do if we find ourselves without a place to stay? The hostel prices have doubled since I first looked..
Also if you want to meet us we are easy to spot..? I have blue hair and he has face tattoos and septum ring.. Haha that may be too vague, I'm not sure. But we're happy to meet new people.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads