Hello from PA

Tinnman

Reaction score
The names Devin. I have just recently gotten the urge to leave home and travel the country, maybe even the world. I have been researching all types of tramping. My main motives are to better myself as a person and learn from people I could possibly meet along the way. Seeing some beautiful scenery wouldn't hurt either.

A little bit about myself: I almost 22 and work in a shitty factory to get by. I am straight edge (I feel like I am one of the few on this forum haha) I am also Vegan. I love all genres of music but typically migrate to punk.

I am very glad to join this forum and I hope I can learn a lot from everyone before I set out next summer.

Reactions: jay513

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Welcome to the forums Tinnman, I'm sure you'll learn plenty here. You're not the only sober one on here but don't worry about that. I was in your shoes just a couple years ago, wanting to travel the country, even the world to better myself. I traveled the country, not the world (yet), and I'm glad it's that way. I know a guy who travelled to a gathering in Mexico or somewhere down south, he lost his passport, and now he's stuck in Mexico and he's traveling around South America now. I'm glad that's not me, I'm sure it has it's perks, but I mean this is my home. I don't want to be shut out of my home. I'll travel around Mexico and South America one day, but first, I'm making myself stronger, faster, more intelligent, more willful, more moral, more faith, more respectful/respectable. Once I'm ready, I'll be able to travel with eeeeease.

Last time I went on a big trip, I planned on going through Mexico, and I had this stupid plan that would have fallen apart if I tried to follow through with it (seemed legit then). What happened? I lost ALL of my stuff including my passport in USA (yay me) due to one small mistake.

Safe to say, travel USA first, there's plenty to see here and plenty of experience/self bettering to do here.

Talk to people lots, if you ever wonder something that you can't figure out, find somebody who qualifies to answer your question (I learned about depression from a nurse), explain your situation, and ask them what you should do about it. People are full of all sorts of cool tips, tools and advice.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads