hello from Calgary, Alberta! | Squat the Planet

hello from Calgary, Alberta!

prairiefreight

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just a quick post to introduce myself. I was born and raised in Canada, across the country from the prairies to french quebec (I speak both french and english). Right now I live in Calgary, and do most of my exploration via hiking/camping to the immediate east (prairies) and west (mountains). Did most of my travelling between semesters by foot and on rubber, primarily travelling within this enormous and beautiful country. I'd like to get some more international travelling done, but there is just so much to see around here that I am never bored! I am trained as a plant biologist and biochemist, and right now I am tied down with a research job. Fortunately, I make my own schedule so there is still time for shorter trips here and there. The advantage of being in one location for a while is that I can spend some of my free time gardening and getting involved in the local community - I love to grow way more veggies than I can eat and share them.

Currently, I am on the lookout for a freighthopping mentor but since there are so many online resources and I am independently minded I may just wing it solo. I'd love to chat with or meet anyone in this area (or beyond!).

PS. My profile pic is the best outhouse I've had the chance to see. Nothing better than taking a seat at 7000' with a gorgeous view :p

Reactions: Lucky1313131313

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads