Hello everyone! A poor attempt at an introduction. | Squat the Planet

Hello everyone! A poor attempt at an introduction.

Zeddock

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Z. and I am a newbie.
I'm a physics student based in northern Italy, although I'm somewhat of a Balkan-Italian mix. My interests include science and math, political and social activism and of course, the great outdoors.
I've been used to travelling since I was a kid, mainly because of my mixed origins, but my journeys were always controlled and "traditional".
About a couple of years ago I was semi-stranded on a Croatian island, and my options were to either wait a couple days for a ride, or pick up my backpack and try to get home in any way possibile. That's what I did, and that is when it dawned on me that travelling doesn't have to mean paying for a ticket, getting tucked in an airplane, train, bus and waiting 8 hours before arriving to my destination (I obviously don't have to tell YOU this, but my horizons weren't as broad back then).
My new approach to travelling began that day. I've been to a couple of places since then, but my favourite experience has been a journey through Croatia and Bosnia while mostly sleeping under the stars.
I am currently planning a trip that would take me from northern Croatia to Serbia, Romania and Ukraine. Ideally, I'd do it by freight hopping and, occasionally, hitchhiking.
If anyone wants to exchange a couple of words, I'm always up for it :)

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
btw excellent intro :) and welcome to STP! I like your new approach to traveling and wish you a huge success and mostly to have fun!

• Agree
Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny
D

Deleted member 25534

Welcome! That sounds like an incredible journey, I'd love to see/hear more about it when the time comes. Best wishes in getting to that day!

jimi

Reaction score
Welcome! Hope to hear some good stories about your adventures!

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Welcome!!
Hope you can enjoy this site as much as I have. So much great info, and peeps.

Way to continue to wanna travel without the need of purchasing a ticket!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads