hello all

jath

Reaction score
Hello everyone

i found this community while searching for some information on alternative urban living. I'm currently living in the Ontario area in the basement of a building. I tried to live on as as little as i can. I love alternative way on getting the stuff i need to live. I dumpster dive for food and anything else i need. I rarely paid for anything I’m looking for. Food, books, anything i need day-to-day. I love to travel and have done many trips to random places. I have spend a small amount of time living in other countries like Honduras. I spent a few weeks living in the mountains with next to nothing. No running water, electricity, pluming and it was the greatest life experience i have ever had and wish to do it more of it in my day to day life. Well there i lived in a small wooden shack with about 8 or 9 other people Everything we needed to get came from around us.

I could classified myself as a street hacker. I try find ways to get free food, internet, phone in anyways i do not have to pay. I come from a background in security and hardware hacking.

I know i may be a little different from most of the people here and i hope you accept me for who i am.

Recently i been trying as much as possible to live in the forest when i have time and to travel (mostly travel by bike to spend weekends and any other time off travelling) and have wanted to take it to the next step.

I would love to travel the county more by hitchhiking and maybe train hopping. I use to hitchhike into work a lot and anyplace i needed to go. Once i moved to a smaller city it has gotten a little harder.

I do have some background in outdoor living. I offend would spend about a week at a time living outdoors.

I lived in Toronto for a short time with a very nice anarchist group ( i rather not mention who they were) but was really sad when i had to move back to my home town when i found out a family member was very sick. I felt as if i was just getting to a point where i was happy with the life style i was living and want to return to it.

Other thing i enjoy doing is brew. Right now i pay for some else to brew my beer but i am going to start brewing my own wine at home. Maybe a little moonshine.

I will thank you for what seems to be a great community you have going here. If anyone else is in the Ontario area, i would love to meet up some time.

I am a little drunk right now so if any of this seems like random babble i'm sorry.

But if you have any questions i would love to answer them.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
Welcome to squat the planet. Don't worry about being a little different from most the people on here, it's all good,
most people on here are really cool and very helpful.
I'm from New Jersey, but I am familiar with Ontario, been there many times. I went to Honduras once too, but your
experience there sounds more exciting than mine.
As for being a little drunk, lots of people log on to this site while drunk, myself included! lol

jath

Reaction score
Thanks ourskirts for the warm welcome. What type of traveling did you do on Honduras? If you are ever there again a great place to visit is tiger island. You can only get there by small boats. The people there are ever friendly. I want to head there again to tiger island and stay with a small village (maybe 25 people). I know i am always welcome there.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads