Hello all!

Christian Tullius

Reaction score
Hello everyone! 19yo, male, from Daytona Beach Fl.
After being pressured by my parents & peers to follow the social norm laid out for all to adhere to and attending a state college for a semester, I decided to take my chances, drop out and do what I've always known was right for me. I'm fairly new and fairly inexperienced as far as hopping goes, I've hitchhiked (but never more than a couple of miles) but I am ready, excited, and willing to learn all that I can so that I may finally begin this new chapter of my life! Any and all help, recommendations, direction, wisdom, stories, & advice is both welcome and extremely appreciated

"You are still young, free. Do yourself a favor. Before it’s too late, without thinking too much about it first, pack a pillow and a blanket and see as much of the world as you can. You will not regret it. One day it will be too late.”
-Jhumpa Lahiri

“Most men, even in this comparatively free country, through mere ignorance and mistake, are so occupied with the fictitious cares and superfluously coarse labors of life that its finer fruits cannot be plucked by them.”
-Thoreau

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
-Marcus Aurelius

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
That sounds like me, except I had 4 years of capitalist training between college dropout and traveling.

What sort of adventure do you crave Christian Tullius? What kind of person do you want to be? For example, I want to be a combination of Link from Legend of Zelda, a musician, a mystic, and an athlete.

I'll give you tips in a bit, but I've done a lot of typing here today and want to play Star Wars now.

Reactions: Christian Tullius

Christian Tullius

Reaction score
Charlie,
What exactly do you mean by capitalist training?
& Well, I'm not exactly sure. Hunter Thompson once said that "anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing." and I guess that is a good jumping off point. I really would like to just get some good gear together, and just take off; hitching, backpacking & camping across the U.S. Maybe east coast to west coast (probably a much shorter distance for my first time). I really want to see the Northwest (Oregon, Washington, Northern California), who knows, I'm honestly down for anything, just looking for the kicking off point.
As far as your "what kind of person do I want to be" question goes, I'm not sure. I love your answer, but I guess if I had to pick something I would say that I want to be the kind of person that I'd like to meet.
Thanks for the reply, Charlie!
Hopefully talk to ya soon!

D

deleted user

Good for you man. But just realize that it's not all fun and games. There are hard times and challenges, just like every form of living.

Safe travels bud

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Capitalist training = fulltime working as a subcontractor for an independent contractor. Working in real estate industry, subdivision developments (mostly these), big construction sites, natural habitat development (not many of these).

It sounds like you've got a good mindset for traveling, Do you have any idea what kind of sights you want to see? For example, I want to see skateparks, learn to skateboard very well, hang out at state parks, and see some touristy type sights and highways.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads