Greetings from St Louis, LA here I come

Jim

Reaction score
First of all I can't believe the username Jim wasn't already taken. Hiding in plain sight, I guess.

First time traveling solo, just me and a backpack, so I don't know what to expect. Plans are to head west from St. Louis and make my way to California, making a stop at Slab City before ending up at Los Angeles. I'm leaving tomorrow morning and hope to get through St. Louis before nightfall.

If anyone's in the Midwest atm I'd be grateful for any kind of transportation, a travel buddy, or just some advice.

Reactions: TwoWheelsHomeFree

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hell yeah man, good on you for getting out there and doing it! I don't think you'll have too hard of a time, id head south and over, warmer that way and probably better highways. when you have time come back and post some pics and let us know how it went for you. the slabs are pretty cool, so look forward to that.

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks! I ended up catching a Greyhound and got to LA in a few days, met up with a few other drifters and now we're hanging out together in the city. I'll get some pics and probably make a new post pretty soon.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Anthorhitchhiker77

Reaction score
First of all I can't believe the username Jim wasn't already taken. Hiding in plain sight, I guess.

First time traveling solo, just me and a backpack, so I don't know what to expect. Plans are to head west from St. Louis and make my way to California, making a stop at Slab City before ending up at Los Angeles. I'm leaving tomorrow morning and hope to get through St. Louis before nightfall.

If anyone's in the Midwest atm I'd be grateful for any kind of transportation, a travel buddy, or just some advice.
I'm currently south or at Louis and depending on how far you are we could possibly meet up I've been hitch hiking since the new year from Pennsylvania

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads