Greetings from my bedroom!

ejakon

Reaction score
Website
letterboxd.com
Hello!

My name is E.J. and as you can guess, I've been sitting in my room for two years, truth be told though, I rather not continue sitting, before the pandemic hit and I was in high school, I used to busk downtown almost every weekend with my harmonica and went to a blues bar every Thursday to jam, god I miss those days, when I graduated high school, I was supposed to go to music college with a focus on jazz and improvisation but then the pandemic hit.... after a year of depression, escapism, and heavy introspection later, I finally came upon this forum, It's a relief knowing that busking is a huge part of the vagabond lifestyle since so far, that was the only sort of work I ever enjoyed, there was something very... liberating about putting your vibes out there and becoming one with the city, eventually I stopped caring about the money and started hoping that somebody would walk up to me and talk during my set, it's the little things like that I took for granted until COVID-19 hit 😔

I still don't really know what I want to be when I'm older, but I knew it'd be related to art in some way ever since I became infatuated with Woody Guthrie at the age of 16, perhaps that was the start of my interest in travelling too. That's why I'd like to see If I'd be able to do it, I plan on hitchhiking when the pandemic ends, probably around September, only a short trip to Vancouver, but if I end up loving it, I think that's what I'd like to become, imagine everybody's faces a decade later when I tell them I hobo around for a living lol, I hope I'm not in over my head for thinking of hitchhiking, or of even travelling for a living, I'm aware the life-style get's romanticized a lot, and that it can be very lonely, dangerous and scary at times, you could get assaulted, you could get stranded in the middle of nowhere, get ticketed and maybe even get your shit stolen too, but I can't help but feel as if I was meant to do this, and because of how young I am, I might as well try yk? don't want to die on my deathbed wondering "what if?" after all.

Anyways, on to the personal stuff, I enjoy film a lot, hell, I might even go to college for it... that is, if it didn't cost 47k for tuition lmao, music-wise I've been playing the harmonica for four years, you can DM me if you'd like if you want a recording from back when I jammed at bars and such, I'm also trying to get into guitar as well, because if there's one thing I've learnt, is that it's hard to find a busking partner you can commit with, plus I've always loved folk music and the blues, so It'd be a neat way of internalizing the language more

I find it fascinating that the hobo community is alive well into the 21st century, and to see the integration of technology and the internet being melded together with a millennia-old lifestyle, the future is indeed now lmao, wonder who the first hitchhiker in space will be? I look forward to posting here more, and perhaps posting my travels here too if I ever do head out, and If we ever meet, I would love to jam with y'all

69031534_508047746638821_7166390137110457208_n.jpg <-here's a picture of me from Supercrawl 2019 btw, funnily enough, I've never played with or even met this guy before, we just sorta sporadically jammed together in the moment after my partner walked out on me, I suppose I've always been lucky with these sort of things lol

ejakon

Reaction score
Website
letterboxd.com
badass man busking is so much fun we should get together some day and jam. What ki d of stuff are you into? Dylan(our lord and saviour ), Guthrie, Kristofferson?
I like Bob Dylan and Woody Guthrie a lot and they make up the bulk of my busking setlist, however, i'd say music-wise i'm far more into jazz and the blues, and i'm currently getting into j-pop and hip-hop too, i do plan to explore traditional folk music more though

Reactions: JackSquat
Reaction score
I like Bob Dylan and Woody Guthrie a lot and they make up the bulk of my busking setlist, however, i'd say music-wise i'm far more into jazz and the blues, and i'm currently getting into j-pop and hip-hop too, i do plan to explore traditional folk music more though
yeh man Dylan and Guthrie tend to make up most of my set too, sounds like a jam session would be sick man

Reactions: JackSquat

JackSquat

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is E.J. and as you can guess, I've been sitting in my room for two years, truth be told though, I rather not continue sitting, before the pandemic hit and I was in high school, I used to busk downtown almost every weekend with my harmonica and went to a blues bar every Thursday to jam, god I miss those days, when I graduated high school, I was supposed to go to music college with a focus on jazz and improvisation but then the pandemic hit.... after a year of depression, escapism, and heavy introspection later, I finally came upon this forum, It's a relief knowing that busking is a huge part of the vagabond lifestyle since so far, that was the only sort of work I ever enjoyed, there was something very... liberating about putting your vibes out there and becoming one with the city, eventually I stopped caring about the money and started hoping that somebody would walk up to me and talk during my set, it's the little things like that I took for granted until COVID-19 hit 😔

I still don't really know what I want to be when I'm older, but I knew it'd be related to art in some way ever since I became infatuated with Woody Guthrie at the age of 16, perhaps that was the start of my interest in travelling too. That's why I'd like to see If I'd be able to do it, I plan on hitchhiking when the pandemic ends, probably around September, only a short trip to Vancouver, but if I end up loving it, I think that's what I'd like to become, imagine everybody's faces a decade later when I tell them I hobo around for a living lol, I hope I'm not in over my head for thinking of hitchhiking, or of even travelling for a living, I'm aware the life-style get's romanticized a lot, and that it can be very lonely, dangerous and scary at times, you could get assaulted, you could get stranded in the middle of nowhere, get ticketed and maybe even get your shit stolen too, but I can't help but feel as if I was meant to do this, and because of how young I am, I might as well try yk? don't want to die on my deathbed wondering "what if?" after all.

Anyways, on to the personal stuff, I enjoy film a lot, hell, I might even go to college for it... that is, if it didn't cost 47k for tuition lmao, music-wise I've been playing the harmonica for four years, you can DM me if you'd like if you want a recording from back when I jammed at bars and such, I'm also trying to get into guitar as well, because if there's one thing I've learnt, is that it's hard to find a busking partner you can commit with, plus I've always loved folk music and the blues, so It'd be a neat way of internalizing the language more

I find it fascinating that the hobo community is alive well into the 21st century, and to see the integration of technology and the internet being melded together with a millennia-old lifestyle, the future is indeed now lmao, wonder who the first hitchhiker in space will be? I look forward to posting here more, and perhaps posting my travels here too if I ever do head out, and If we ever meet, I would love to jam with y'all

View attachment 65327 <-here's a picture of me from Supercrawl 2019 btw, funnily enough, I've never played with or even met this guy before, we just sorta sporadically jammed together in the moment after my partner walked out on me, I suppose I've always been lucky with these sort of things lol
Hi, E.J.! Welcome! I love blues and folk music, too, and many other kinds of music. Best wishes in everything you do!

Reactions: ejakon

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads