Greetings From Jacksonville Fl

Kairos Kollective

Reaction score
Website
www.burnpilebooks.wordpress.com
Hey y'all
We're a small collective focused on education and civic engagement. We organize and launch direct action campaigns in our area. We've recently moved into a new space, it's really big (8,200 sq ft) and we're using it as an underground anarchist book store and venue for presentations, teach-in's small scale shows and other education oriented gatherings. We have a lot of work to do on some big projects and can always use extra hands, specially from people who are already more politically minded. You can check out our websites at

kairoskollective.wordpress.com OR
burnpilebooks,wordpress.com

If you'll be passing through the area, hit us up and let's connect
Light Love and Soldarity
Siddhi (reppin' the kairos kollective and burnpile books n press)

Reaction score
Awesome. Delighted y'all exist. As of now i'm in boulder, co; but may journey to FL summertimeish if i get the job i'm currently a candidate for: the Immokalee Site Coordinator for the First Things Foundation; living simply and with humility alongside migrant workers in immokalee, familiarizing my self with the day to day going ons there, becoming fluent in Creole (nearly there in spanish), developing meaningful relationships with the people, and scouring the immokalee earth for an amazing project for First Things to fund based on the relationships i help cultivate. I imagine i'll continue traveling after that, so perhaps i'll journey your way.
En Solidaridad,
JoanisaBelle

Kairos Kollective

Reaction score
Website
Oh I hate you. Not in the true sense.

I left about a week ago.

haha, isn't that a trip. should have gotten this page together sooner! If you decide to return, I imagine we'll still be here. We have some really big projects we're working on. (underground anarchist bookstore, with a mobile unit (old school bus), venue/platform for teach-in's, lectures, discussions etc. some education based nightlife!)

Reactions: MxEx

Kairos Kollective

Reaction score
Website
Awesome. Delighted y'all exist. As of now i'm in boulder, co; but may journey to FL summertimeish if i get the job i'm currently a candidate for: the Immokalee Site Coordinator for the First Things Foundation; living simply and with humility alongside migrant workers in immokalee, familiarizing my self with the day to day going ons there, becoming fluent in Creole (nearly there in spanish), developing meaningful relationships with the people, and scouring the immokalee earth for an amazing project for First Things to fund based on the relationships i help cultivate. I imagine i'll continue traveling after that, so perhaps i'll journey your way.
En Solidaridad,
JoanisaBelle

That sounds amazing. Si queiras viaje a Jacksonville cuando termanistes en Immokalee digame (I used to be fluent in Spanish too, little rusty but would love someone to practice with!) safe travels out there, thanks for getting in touch.

Adonde el viento soble,
Siddhi
kairos kollective

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads