green girl with green hair, looking for travel buddies/drum circles

yayitsducky

Reaction score
Heya! Ducky, 28, they/them, my hair is a kaleidoscope.

I've been wandering on my own for a few years, mostly working at jobs that provide room & board. I worked at a museum for 5yrs but my mental health declined bc my vitamin D was deficient. I currently work outdoors teaching kids about animals, geology, & paleoanthropology. Now my life motto is "might as well be broke next to a waterfall". I get to live in places others use PTO to visit for a few days. I spend my weekends shooting arrows and singing around a campfire.

This is my first time joining a dedicated community.

I've done archery, reptile & primate handling at preserves, animal tracking in the forest, etc. I love campfire songs, making s'mores and dancing like a fairy around a drum circle. A few have called me a "mental illness fairy godmother" because on my travels I've made a point of sharing resources. I used to travel to run from my problems, but I'm learning how to heal myself and travel for travel's sake instead. I had a car but I lost it in 2020, I'm debating between a bike or a conversion van/skoolie. There's a traveling circus that wants me to work for them but I need to get a van or other housing to travel with them, so I'm gonna work my butt off 2021 and save up for one, hopefully join them in 2022-2023. I'll be a ski bum for part of 2021, not sure about the rest of the year & beyond. Might stay with a friend and work at Taco Bell just to make some quick cash, then fuck off to the circus for a few months. Who knows? Worst case, I'll just sleep in my hammock in a park for a few days.

I'd love to make friends! Let me send you Monkey Pictures.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0(3)(1).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(3)(1).jpg
    314 KB · Views: 163
  • 20211129_083625.jpg
    20211129_083625.jpg
    869.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 20211019_172331_1.jpg
    20211019_172331_1.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 155
  • 20210917_155145.jpg
    20210917_155145.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 173

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
welcome ducky! we haven't started plans yet, but we usually have a yearly meetup called the Dirty Scouts Jamboree, probably will be in the summer if you're interested.

AyeAaron

Hobocop
Reaction score
Ah, I missed an opportunity to travel with a circus before and perform with them. It would have been more interesting than what I wound up doing 🤌🏻

ComradeAtlas

Comrade
Reaction score
Heya! Ducky, 28, they/them, my hair is a kaleidoscope.

I've been wandering on my own for a few years, mostly working at jobs that provide room & board. I worked at a museum for 5yrs but my mental health declined bc my vitamin D was deficient. I currently work outdoors teaching kids about animals, geology, & paleoanthropology. Now my life motto is "might as well be broke next to a waterfall". I get to live in places others use PTO to visit for a few days. I spend my weekends shooting arrows and singing around a campfire.

This is my first time joining a dedicated community.

I've done archery, reptile & primate handling at preserves, animal tracking in the forest, etc. I love campfire songs, making s'mores and dancing like a fairy around a drum circle. A few have called me a "mental illness fairy godmother" because on my travels I've made a point of sharing resources. I used to travel to run from my problems, but I'm learning how to heal myself and travel for travel's sake instead. I had a car but I lost it in 2020, I'm debating between a bike or a conversion van/skoolie. There's a traveling circus that wants me to work for them but I need to get a van or other housing to travel with them, so I'm gonna work my butt off 2021 and save up for one, hopefully join them in 2022-2023. I'll be a ski bum for part of 2021, not sure about the rest of the year & beyond. Might stay with a friend and work at Taco Bell just to make some quick cash, then fuck off to the circus for a few months. Who knows? Worst case, I'll just sleep in my hammock in a park for a few days.

I'd love to make friends! Let me send you Monkey Pictures.
Hope you’ve found this place to be a positive one so far! I’ve never had a bad time since I’ve been on but I’ve also been absent for a while. Best of luck wherever you end up next :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads