Goat Leap.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2626
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2626

Finally did it. Checked out 3 Nubian alpine pups and decided on the larger, mellow one, 60 bucks.Hell grow to be nearly 200 pounds. Able to pack probably 50 pounds when of age. No more long hitches or freight trains for us. Just good old fashioned leather tramping. Pick the guy up first week of April as he is still bottle fed and I am still part-time employed. Will head to my land and work on that and raising a goat with me and pooch. Then some short wilderness and road tramps. Will post pictures when due

D

Deleted member 2626

Want to make an attempt at no reliance on people if at least long haul travel and less on vehicles. Attempting a more traditional existence. Plus I was ready for a new addition to my four legged homies. One that can carry most of gear to boot.

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
I think I'm going to move this over to the furry nomads section as I think it will fit better there.

Good luck with your goat, that's exciting stuff. I spent some of my childhood raising goats. They are feisty fuckers. So much character, I admire them greatly. :)

Reactions: Mankini
D

Deleted member 2626

Been thinking on it years myself . they are kind of the ultimate travel pack animal. Versabitily, eat as they go feeding themselves and no shoeing or obtrusive camping. Cant kick ya and kill ya too. Wawa where was this and all by her lonesome? Thats some lady . would be nice to tramp around with goats and a lady.

D

Deleted member 2626

Pack goat fail. Turns out I am quite allergic go the little guys. Hives, itchy eyes and head. And it isnt very common to be allergic to goats I read and am told. And im not even rrally allergic to anything else. . . just me and the pooch reckon. Goat lady took him back to the farm. He was a cool little guy too. Peace

klaiash

Reaction score
I'm bummed to hear that this fell through. I have had the same idea for a few years now and was looking forward to hearing of your success. Keep on keepin' on.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads